Field Security Associate KOUSSERI (UNDSS); Position opend only to Cameroonians
This post is funded by the various organizations of the Security Management Team, administered by UNDP but under the operational supervision of UNDSS. The renewal of this position will be subject to the availability of funding from the various organizations of the Security Management Team ".
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Security Adviser (SA) or the Field Security Coordination Officer (FSCO), the Local Security Associate assists in the implementation of security operations and all matters relating to the management of safety and security for UN personnel in the country or in the region of assignment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge management (for example…)
1. Assists the SA/FSCO in collecting, updating and communicating information regarding the security situation in the country:
- Liaises and coordinates, as appropriate, with the host government security organizations and/or personnel, including national and local provincial authorities, military, and police officers, as well as non-governmental organizations and other non-State actors in the area of operation;
- Helps to assess the security situation at the duty station and ensures adequate gathering and verification of security information that may be required for a proper analysis of the situation by the SA/FSCO;
- Communicates information on security to the heads of United Nations agencies and provides host country security advice to the SA/FSCO, as required.
- Maintains regular contacts with Security Focal Points of UN agencies;
- May be requested to provide technical assistance at SMT meetings, in the absence of the SA/FSCO.
- Assists in reporting security incidents affecting UN staff, offices and assets, and assists in the preparation of security reports, such as the Security Incident Report, the Security Assessments and the Quarterly Incident Report.
2) UN coordination (for example…)
Assists in maintaining the Security Plan, including updating staff lists:
- Helps in the preparation and review of the UN Security Plan;
- Supports actions during the implementation of the Security Plan, as required.
- Assists the SA/FSCO in monitoring compliance with Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) established for the duty station. Also assists with the compilation of data required for the MOSS Self-Assessment Programme. Provides support in organizing and conducting training courses on security awareness and preparedness and providing security orientation to newly assigned staff members. Conducts security briefings, as required.
3) Other tasks that may be required (for example…)
Performs other security-related tasks assigned by the SA/FSCO:
▪ Provides support in conducting security evaluations and provides advice on security measures for the residences of UN staff, as well as on latest trends and threats to staff safety and security;
▪ Establishes and maintains warden system and keeps update of information related to UN offices and residences;
▪ Administers a pass and ID system;
▪ Maintains liaison with commercial companies used for UN security at offices and residences, in order to ensure the effective and efficient use of the guard force
Provides general administrative assistance to the SA/FSCO:
· Maintains routine and confidential correspondence files/documents
Maintains a database on contact details in relation to host country security authorities* preparedness;
▪ Provides general administrative assistance to the SA/FSCO;
▪ Performs any other duties as assigned
Innovation Ability to make new and useful ideas work: Level 3: Adapts deliverables to meet client needs
Leadership Ability to persuade others to follow:Level 3: Proactively seeks and recognizes contributions of others
People ManagementAbility to improve performance and satisfaction: Level 3: Appropriately involves team in different stages of work and decision-making
CommunicationAbility to listen, adapt, persuade and transform: Level 3: Expresses information and views with adaptive reasoning and appreciation for complexity and variation
DeliveryAbility to get things done while exercising good judgement:Level 3: Takes responsibility for addressing critical situations and delivering core value
Knowledge Collection of knowledge competencies:Level 4: Apply & Adapt: Contributes skills and knowledge with demonstrated ability to advance innovation and continuous improvement, in professional area of expertise
Planning & organizing Competency Definition:Level 4: Apply & Adapt: Contributes skills and knowledge with demonstrated ability to advance innovation and continuous improvement, in professional area of expertise
Managerial Competencies Managing relationships: Level 4: Apply & Adapt: Contributes skills and knowledge with demonstrated ability to advance innovation and continuous improvement, in professional area of expertise
Required Skills and Experience
Education: High school Diploma or equivalent is required
Experience: Six (6) years of work experience in security, risk or disaster or emergency areas with security responsibilities, in the public or private service areas, such as national security, military or police, or in a corporate environment is required.
Experience in the use of Microsoft applications i.e. Word, Excel Access and Powerpoint is required
Prior experience with the UN system or an international NGO is desirable
Experience in the use of radio communications systems is desirable
Language Requirements:Proficiency in French. Working knowledge of other UN language desirable
FEMALE CANDIDATE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED
Describe any additional qualifications:
· Non-Smoking environment