UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Please note that the person selected for this position will be offered a contract with UNDP under its National Personnel Services Agreement (N-PSA) modality; the UNDP Service Contract modality is phasing out over the coming year. More information about the N-PSA is available here UNDP_National Personnel Services Agreement (NPSA).
As the development arm of the United Nations, UNDP supports strategic capacity development initiatives to promote inclusive growth and sustainable human development. Through partnerships with national, regional, and local governments, civil society, and the private sector, UNDP strives to support Ukraine in its efforts to eliminate poverty, develop people’s capacity, achieve equitable results, sustain the environment, and advance democratic governance.
Procurement Unit is ensuring effective delivery of procurement services, consistent with UNDP rules and regulations, to support implementation of UNDP project and programmatic goals. Being a part of Operations division of the Country Office, Procurement Unit also provides support to other UN Agencies, represented in Ukraine in frames of inter-agency cooperation. In view of the increased workload, Procurement Unit is looking for Procurement Associate to ensure provision of high-quality procurement services, promoting client-oriented approach and compliance to UNDP rules and regulations.
Institutional Arrangement: Reports to Procurement Analyst. Works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the CO and with UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex procurement-related issues and information exchange.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control.
- CO Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement and Logistics in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Participation in UNDP Projects Oversight and Support Team as assigned by the Office Management.
- Preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects and their implementation monitoring.
- Organization of procurement processes including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Preparation of Purchase orders and contracts in and outside Atlas, preparation of Recurring Purchase orders for contracting of services, vendors’ creation in Atlas. Buyers profile in Atlas.
- Preparation of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
- Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Presentation of reports on procurement in the CO.
- •Preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Responsibility of UNDP corporate Dashboards oversight on procurement issues
- Implementation of joint procurement processes for the UN Agencies in line with the UN reform.
- Analysis of requirements and support in elaboration of proposals on common procurement, management of long-term agreements in line with the latest developments in common services and the best practices.
- Support CO vendor management arrangements (systematize and maintain vendor records, timely archive old and duplicated entries etc.)
- Development and update of the rosters of suppliers, implementation of supplier selection and evaluation.
- Support in management of e-procurement module as may be applicable.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
Procurement Associate reports to Procurement Analyst, Head of Procurement Unit. Works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the CO and with UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex procurement-related issues and information exchange.
•Demonstrate focus on achieving quality results and impact
•Consistently strive to meet or exceed excellence standards
•Look beyond conventional approaches and established methods
•Propose new ideas, approaches and solutions to problems
•Actively pursue opportunities for learning and self-development professionally and personally
•Keep abreast of new developments in one’s professional area
Adapt with Agility
•Be flexible in handling change, and adopt new ideas, approaches and ways of working
•Seamlessly adapt to working within new situations or contexts, with new people, and in different ways
Act with Determination
•Pursue everything with motivation and drive
•Not give up in the face of adversity and setbacks; demonstrate resilience and composure
Engage and Partner
•Act in a way that demonstrates empathy and emotional intelligence, showing consideration for the needs and feelings of others
•Demonstrate and encourage teamwork and co-creation internally and externally to achieve joint objectives and results
Enable Diversity and Inclusion
•Treat all individuals with respect, consider ethical implications and respond sensitively to all differences among people
•Fully accept and value all people, creating an inclusive environment
•Ability to create clarity around UNDP value proposition to beneficiaries and partners and to develop service offers responding to client needs based on UNDP’s organizational priorities and mandate
Effective Decision Making
•Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources
•Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need
•Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience
Digital Awareness and Literacy
•Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skillfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed
The ability to acquire goods, services or works from an outside external source
Knowledge of contract management concepts, principles and methods, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situations
Ability to find, evaluate and engage suppliers of goods and services
Supplier / Relationship Management
Knowledge of supplier management concepts, principles and methods, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situations
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with specialized training in procurement. University Degree in Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 6 years of relevant administrative experience with Secondary Education or 3 years with Bachelor’s degree is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of automated procurement systems, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Knowledge of UNDP Procurement Rules and Regulations is considered an asset
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian
- Professional certificates in Public Procurement would be considered as an asset, but not required.
Important applicant information
All posts in the NPSA categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.