AMAL Project Officer Iraq Kirkuk -Tuz
1. Role and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated Livelihoods project portfolio related to market according to the plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Support with referrals to other NRC sectors or through external referral mechanisms.
- Provide extension services to targeted smallholder producers in production technologies, collection and harvest, products handling, packing, processing and access to market through linkages to the value chains using market intelligence.
- Take the lead on planning agricultural extension services targeting smallholder farmers within key agri-food value chains and local partners including the extension services ecosystem.
- Participate in the selection process of input beneficiaries including active involvement in the applications’ evaluation committees and conducting the assessment field visits of possible beneficiaries.
- Take a lead in the establishment and running of farmer field schools in coordination with relevant stakeholders to ensure the sustainability of the approaches.
- Facilitate the establishment and strengthening of small scale on-farm processing, establishment and strengthening of short value chains and promoting innovative market linkages for agricultural products between producer groups and market actors.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with targeted communities, including local leaders, Project committees and business dealers ensuring that they are informed and participate in project activities through implementation of the NRC Community Engagement Approach.
- Conduct market assessments and mapping to understand how local agriculture markets works and are linked to enable appropriate programming. Engage agricultural inputs and output market players to understand how they operate and involve them in the AMAL project.
- Plan and conduct in-kind and cash-based distributions as per the agreed SOP and guidelines.
- Conduct regular project monitoring and updating the Project Coordinator with the progress of project activities in the field.
- Ensure protection mainstreaming in implementation of Cash and Livelihood activities.
- Any other tasks required by the line manager
2. Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2-3 years experience of working in livelihood Projects in a humanitarian/recovery context preferably related to agriculture.
- A degree in agronomy, crop science, agricultural science, agricultural systems and management, agribusiness or other related fields.
- Proven work experience will be considered as a substitute for formal education.
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Demonstrated results in implementing and tracking field-based activities.
- Experience conducting project inceptions with communities.
- Experience conducting beneficiary identification, verification and registration.
- Experience supporting referrals and/or identifying service providers.
3. Other information:
Contract Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Central Iraq Area Office Kirkuk-Tuz- Iraq
Health Insurance is provided
Salary: G5/S1, According to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
NRC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
For more information, please read the Job Description