AMAL Officer Community Mobilization Iraq Kirkuk -Tuz
1. Role and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines as well Government rules and regulations
- Implement delegated community mobilization activities according to the plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents in both hard and soft copies
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement concerning both the “hard” and “soft” components of Livelihood programming
- Actively participate in developing work plans of the project activities
- Ensure that gender and protection mainstreaming are carried out at the field level by all project staff
- Collaborate with teams from other CC’s to ensure that project beneficiaries are provided with the full packages of services available through NRC’s programming according to the beneficiaries specific and self-identified needs.
- Organize and lead needs assessments, focus group discussions, community meetings, and other community mobilization activities
- Supervise the beneficiary selection following the project selection criteria
- Assist the PM in developing messaging around project implementation methodology, the scope of work, selection criteria and any other related beneficiary project documents and ensure effective delivery of such messaging to beneficiaries and stakeholders
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator prepare Procurement Requests.
- Track and record information related to following up carried relating to any project beneficiary information requests and complaints as directed by the Project Coordinator and M&E unit
- Carry out field-level coordination with community stakeholders in areas of project implementation
- Organize and lead field level M&E activities and develop success stories from project implementation
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line manager
2. Our Idea Candidate:
- University degree in social work, humanitarian assistance/development, project management, or related subject
- At least two years’ experience working in an emergency setting or development work;
- Basic experience in financial, asset and human resources management, budgeting and administration;
- Proven skills and experience in monitoring and documenting humanitarian project implementation
- Experience in conducting, organizing and managing conducting needs/vulnerability assessments and beneficiary selection processes.
- Ability to prioritize needs and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience in field-level coordination with community stakeholders, local and international NGO’s, and local government officials.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills
- Basic understanding of concept note, proposal and report writing
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Word and Excel. Knowledge of Microsoft Project is a plus.
3. Other information:
Contract Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Central Area office Kirkuk-Tuz- Iraq
Health Insurance is provided
Salary: G5/S1, According to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
NRC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
For more information, please read the Job Description