AMAL Project Technical Assistant Iraq Kirkuk-Tuz
1. Role and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated Livelihoods project portfolio related to agricultural value chains according to work plans
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Support with referrals to other NRC sectors or through external referral mechanisms
- Data collection for household-level assessments and market assessments.
- Assist the Project officer in organizing and delivering safe and secure distribution events, training and community events.
- Assess training needs for project beneficiaries in all areas of targeted agriculture/horticulture value chains development such as agro-business development, agricultural livelihoods and quality management through regular consultations with relevant institutions and stakeholders.
- Provide implementation support to AMAL project activities including training sessions, distributions, monitoring and support to incentive staff in line with NRC quality standards.
- Document technical issues and feedback from beneficiaries and channels to the relevant AMAL project Officer and Coordinator.
- Regularly travel to the field to support and monitor different activities such as farmer field schools, extension services, producer groups throughout the seasonal calendar.
- Liaise with support departments including Logistics, Finance and other departments as appropriate.
- Organize and facilitate to conduct Focus Group Discussions, household surveys, and Key Informant Interviews with project beneficiaries.
- Provide technical guidance and backstopping to all actors involved with AMAL’s identified plant-based value chain development activities (incl. horticulture).
- Establish a strong working relationship with targeted communities including local leaders and identification of community focal points, relevant government departments as well as other agricultural actors in the operational areas.
- Contribute to data collection, documentation and reporting.
- Any other tasks required by the line manager.
2. Our Ideal Candidate:
- Sound technical knowledge in the fields of:
- Business economics/business development and
- Developing and overseeing training
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Overall good knowledge of geography, local population and local language in the areas of operational interests.
- Ability to show leadership in a multi-cultural team.
- Fluency in Arabic both spoken and writing and medium-level in English.
- Competencies in all computer-related tasks including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Good understanding of community participation, and very good ability to communicate with beneficiaries.
- Ability to manage (sometimes) high workloads for a limited time and meet deadlines.
3. Other information:
Contract Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Kirkuk-Tuz- Iraq
Health Insurance is provided
Salary: G4/S1, According to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
NRC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
For more information, please read the Job Description