Risk and Compliance Specialist
Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
Risk and Compliance Specialist will ensure DRC Bangladesh is aligned with DRC internal policies, donor requirements and local laws. The position will actively promote and support a culture of compliance, risk identification & management across all departments. Responsibility for the implementation of a set of controls to ensure compliance with DRC procedures and quality standards is a central purpose of the role. This includes identifying weaknesses in the application of controls and recommend action to address this situation. The position will also be responsible to support the awareness and visibility of the Code of Conduct Reporting Mechanism within the country operation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct spot checks and compliance review of key risk areas of operations and programs in consultation with HoSS/SMT.
- Based on DRC operation/program handbook as well as donor and legal regulations, adopt the existing tools and methods for independent, systematized compliance checks on high-risk functions/areas.
- Implement system to regularly asses and report on compliance with legal requirements.
- Ensure a periodic compliance reporting to CO SMT and R-SMT.
- Assess the effectiveness of existing risk and compliance control measures to identify and mitigate risks and non-compliance.
- Based on Compliance checks & reports develop organizational wide targeted improvement plans including a suite of tools that improve control measures and organization understanding of donor regulations & relevant DRC policies.
- Be focal point on Anti-Fraud and corruption & lead trainings in within the country operations.
- Develop tools for Anti-Fraud and corruption in line with DRC and donor policy and guidelines and implement anti-fraud procedures.
- Lead on Quarterly update on tracking of implementation of audit/compliance recommendations.
- When required undertake specific investigations into non-compliance at the request of the management.
- Be the focal point for risk management & ensure effective implementation of risk management framework across the operations.
- Lead training initiatives relating to Risk Management Framework.
- Ensure that the country risk register is updated quarterly in view of Region and HQ reviews.
- Provide feedback to HoSS and SMT on risks and progress on implementation of response plan in risk registers.
- Support CO in development of risk registers for particular projects at proposal stage and developing action plan for risk management for particular projects.
Code of Conduct:
- Lead awareness trainings related to CoC and CoCRM across the country operations.
- Ensure proper visibility materials are rolled out for CoC/Accountability/CoCRM across the country operations.
- Support management in increasing the awareness and visibility of code of conduct response mechanism of DRC.
- Be part of CoC Intake Committee as Code of Conduct focal point to organize and lead awareness sessions on CoC to all staff, DRC volunteers and suppliers when required. Ensure that gaps from compliance self-checks with respect to DRC’s CoC quality standards are addressed properly.
- Advise HoSS and SMT on gaps identified thorough internal and external audit reports.
- Ensure the DRC internal policies are in accordance with country laws and are being followed; also ensure NGO laws is followed up by all sectors of DRC program.
- Liaise with DRC lawyer with regard to legal cases; updating senior management and Country Director as required.
- Work closely with M&E Manager to ensure that appropriate accountability mechanisms are in place to report on.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- At least 4 years of experience in Audit, Risk Management or Compliance role.
- Understanding of the local laws and sensitivity to the socio-cultural context.
- Desirable: Experience in Humanitarian sector will have an added advantage.
- Desirable: Experience and use of automated tools and systems for Risk Management and compliance will have added advantage.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with a well-developed ability to motivate and persuade at high levels.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking ability.
- Proven ability to work effectively with others to achieve results.
- University degrees (Bachelors or Masters)
- Certification of CIA, CRM, CISA, CPA will have advantage
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE EXPECTED TO DEMONSTRATE DRC FIVE CORE COMPETENCIES
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
- Type of contract: National
- Employment Band: H
- Start date: As soon as possible.
- Duty station: Cox’s Bazar
- Closing Date for Application:
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent Working Environment and opportunity to Growth
- Various learning and development platforms
- Two bonus per year
- Relocation allowance
- Mobile Allowance
- Leave Encashment
- Group life Insurance including Family
- Dental and Optical benefits
- Applications must be submitted through the mentioned link on the page by clicking on Apply Button.
- All applicants must send a cover letter along with an updated CV (we encourage CV no longer than four pages) in English.
- Mentioning three referees' details of your present supervisor and HR along with past employment’s supervisor with CV.
Note: Applications sent by email will not be considered. In addition, DRC doesn’t charge any fee for any of its recruitment process & believes in equal opportunity in employment regardless.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website: www.drc.ngo.
It has been brought to the attention of the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) that there have been instances of fraudulent job offers, purporting to be from DRC in Bangladesh. These offers reportedly concern fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants asking for money. DRC would like to stipulate that the organization never charges or accepts any money from job seekers during the recruitment process. DRC recommends that you do not respond to unsolicited offers of employment.