Gamification Coordinator (National/International Consultant)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. In 2015, UN Women Regional Office for the Arab States initiated the programme “Men and Women for Gender Equality” to understand how best to tackle root causes of patriarchal structures manifested through discriminatory social norms. This programme, unique to the region, focuses on engaging men and boys to achieve gender equality in partnership with women and girls, while also promoting the rights of women. In its second phase, the regional programme is currently being implemented in Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Jordan and Tunisia.
Under the programme “Men and Women for Gender Equality” UN Women will engage with community-based and regional networks to leverage innovative tools for promoting gender equality developed by youth. UN Women will build on the mobile gamification platform developed by Jordan Country Office -WeRise!- to upscale its outreach to a regional level. The mobile application aims to question gender stereotypes to change attitudes about gender roles, with customizing plug-ins that make easy to reward and notify users. WeRise is structured around a mixture of different games and a social platform space, in which users can upload, comment and share blog posts. The original platform was launched by the Jordan Country Office in February 2021 and has reached over 2,600 young men and women in the country. Under the programme “Men and Women for Gender Equality – phase II” UN Women will upscale the mobile application to be relevant also for the other countries in the region, mainly the other countries under the regional programme. Therefore, UN Women Regional Office for the Arab States is looking for an international/national consultant to support with youth engagement, and manage the content repository for the platform. The consultant is expected to coordinate the engagement with youth volunteers from Egypt, Morocco, Lebanon, Palestine, Jordan and Tunisia to develop relevant content on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
Objective of the Assignment:
The main objective of this consultancy is to coordinate the engagement with youth volunteers from Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Jordan and Tunisia to develop content for the gamification platform S/he will support UN Women team by liaising with volunteers from respective countries and managing a content repository for the gamification platform and the community page. The consultant is also expected to work closely with UN Women team to develop an outreach plan to engage new users in the platform.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the UN Women Programme Manager of the “Men and Women for Gender Equality” (MWGE) programme, and in day-to-day coordination with the UN Women Regional Campaign Leader of the “Because I am a man” campaign, the consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Coordinate network of youth volunteers from Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Jordan and Tunisia; Liaise with volunteers and collect their feedback for the upscale of the gamification platform WeRIse at a regional level;
- Manage content repository for mini-games, including quiz questions, words for word search and pictures for picture puzzle;
- Administrate the community page and monitor users’ engagement;
- Support the development of an outreach plan to engage new users;
- Work closely with UN Women team and youth volunteers for the smooth functioning and implementation of the gamification platform.
Develop a coordination plan for the volunteers from Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Jordan, and Tunisia.
Create a repository of mini games including quiz questions, words for
word search and pictures for picture puzzle;
Administrate the community page and monitor users’ engagement;
Support the development of an outreach plan to engage new users
Support UN Women team and youth volunteers in the smooth
functioning and implementation of the expansion of WeRise;
Provide a monthly progress report on the 5th of each month.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf?la=en&vs=637
- Excellent Communication Skills are required;
- Design and Planning;
- Ability to organize and plan;
- Research Skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in communications, media, women’s or gender studies, social sciences, or another relevant subject is required;
- A Master’s Degree in any of the above fields is an advantage.
- At least 2 years of work experience on gender equality;
- Experience in youth engagement and/or initiatives working with young people;
- Previous experience working on social media and/or online platforms;
- Good planning, goal setting, and prioritization skills including the ability to work remotely.
- Excellent written skills in English and Arabic are required.
- Knowledge of French is a distinct advantage.
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodology: Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for the financial evaluation.
Criteria Weight Technical: 70% (70 points)
- Criteria 1: Previous experience in gender equality and working with youth (30 points)
- Criteria 2: Previous experience working on social media and/or online platforms (25 points)
- Criteria 3: Excellent written skills in English and Arabic. Knowledge of French is an added value (15 points)
Financial: Lowest Financial Proposal: 30% (30 points)
The points for the Financial Proposal will be allocated as per the following formula:
- Contract will be awarded to the technically qualified consultant who obtains the highest combined score (financial and technical);
- The points for the Financial Proposal will be allocated as per the following formula: (Lowest Bid Offered*)/ (Bid of the Consultant) x 30;
- 'Lowest Bid Offered' refers to the lowest price offered by Offerors scoring at least 49 points in the technical evaluation.
Interested Individual Consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- A cover letter with a brief presentation of your consultancy explaining your suitability for the work and link to portfolio of work;
- UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment;
- Personal CV; and Financial proposal that includes daily consultancy rates.
The above-mentioned documents should be merged in a standalone file including all of them since the online application submission does only permit uploading one file per application. Incomplete submission can be a ground for disqualification
In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW, and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women's empowerment.