Digital content specialist
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background, and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations, and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination
- All selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Office of Communications (OCC) is responsible for all corporate and internal communication activities of the Organization. It ensures coherence and consistency in FAO’s corporate messaging and communications outputs and enables cost-effectiveness in use of communication-related resources across the Organization. The Publications group (OCCP) is the OCC branch responsible for the production, quality control and dissemination of FAO’s publications and Knowledge products. The Digital and Multimedia group (OCCI) is the OCC branch responsible for the organization digital platforms, campaigns, Social Media and multimedia assets.
The Consultant/PSA will report directly to the Chief of OCCP or to the Chief of OCCI.
Design and develop web User Interfaces (UI) and digital reports that enhance users’ experience in accessing, reading and sharing FAO knowledge products.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Lead conceptual definition and User Experience implementation in OCCI for FAO digital channels;
• Produce ideas/concepts for data visualizations and essays for OCCI digital campaigns/strategies;
• Implement web templates and web interfaces for FAO publications ensuring they are in line with FAO corporate branding guidelines and editorial policy, rules and procedures;
• Populate the web template with multiple language versions of publications, in all the six official languages of the Organization;
• Liaise with the design and editorial team to ensure that the expected criteria for FAO digital publishing are met;
• Contribute to the further development of an adaptive design and rendering of FAO publications.
• Perform other related duties.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree in Communication, Computer Science, Information Technology or related fields for COF.REG;
• Five years of relevant experience in UI and web design;
• Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of French or Spanish for COF.REG. For PSA.SBS working knowledge of only one language might be sufficient.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Extensive experience with web design and front-end development.
• In-depth knowledge of multi-device, responsive and cross-browser development together with grid design.
• Good layout and visual design skills.
• Good knowledge of UI/UX design tools, such as: Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma, Adobe Photoshop and UX wireframing softwares like Balsamiq and InVision.
• Good knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO).
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency