Human Resources Specialist
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background, and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations, and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination
- All selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
This position is located in the Human Resources Unit of the Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean, RLC
The Human Resources Specialist will work under the direct supervision of the Regional Human Resources Officer and the overall technical guidance of the Human Resources Associate.
The Human Resources Specialist supports the HR team with a variety of routine functions related to human resources transactions. He/ she assists providing guidance in the application of policies, rules, procedures, and supports sound human resources practice.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Assist reviewing generic email account; answer and follow-up on standard requests, enquiries and claims regarding human resources matters; provide readily available information from FAO intranet and other corporate systems, both in English and Spanish, as required.
• Assist in the recruitment process of all categories of staff and affiliate workforce, including preparation/revision of vacancy announcements, interview logistics (room reservation; interview schedules considering time zones, etc.); note taking during interviews and support the writing of selection reports, when necessary;
• Search for, retrieve, compile, assemble and archive a variety of human resources statistical data from questionnaires, publications, surveys, research projects, websites, reports, databases, etc., for internal and external use as required;
• Draft routine correspondence; assist in the preparation of administrative/HR reports;;
• Assist in the processing of routine HR transactions, such as rental subsidy, travel requests, overtime processing, among others.
• Support regional training efforts by drafting materials, updating and organizing training sessions on diverse HR topics, in English and Spanish;
• Perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree in Human Resources, Administration, Psychology, Law or related fields.
• Three years of relevant experience in human resources and/or administrative support work
• Working knowledge (level C) of Spanish and limited Knowledge (Level B) of English
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Good knowledge of corporate Human Resources Policies and procedures
• Good knowledge of corporate computerized administrative systems
• Advanced knowledge of Excel including dynamic tables and graphs
• Working experience in the UN system would be an asset
• Working knowledge (Level C) of English would be a great asset
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency