Support the establishment of startups and micro entrepreneurial initiatives within the framework of the project “Enhancing Self-Reliance and Inclusion Prospect for Displaced-Affected Communities (Vulnerable Iraqi and Host Communities)
To apply for this consultancy assignment, please check below link to view the terms of reference and other related documents.
Duties and Responsibilities
Please check below link
- Leadership: Actively shares knowledge.
- Communication and Relationship Management: Communicates ideas and positions with command and confidence;
- Innovation: Critically assesses established methods and proposes new and innovative ways of working;
- People Management: Demonstrates behaviors of teamwork, collaboration, knowledge sharing, and maintaining relationships;
- Delivery: Embraces complex challenges and opportunities for getting work done;
- Works to develop organizational awareness of UNDP’s approach to client service delivery and integrity and accountability
- Excellent communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- A proven ability to provide progress reports in accordance with reporting schedules.
- Experience and skills in communication (development of communication materials; Communication for Development projects) is an asset.
- Language: Proficiency in Arabic language and English language
- Nationality: Jordanian
Required Skills and Experience
Academic Qualifications and Years of experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration; Management; Marketing; Economics; Livelihoods and Employment; Gender Studies; Social Development, or any related field. A master’s degree is a plus.
- Over 8 years of working experience as a business development expert.
- Direct experience working with entrepreneurs, start-ups and supporting the scale up of micro and small business.
- Experience in identifying conducting business needs assessment and analysis
- Experience in designing and delivering specialized training to start-ups and MSMEs
- Experience in identifying profitable business opportunities and potential partnerships.
- Experience in identifying business opportunities, sales leads and establishing business to business and business to consumer networks.
- Experience to work with a variety of people including refugees and vulnerable community members, in particular entrepreneurs
- .Local market knowledge
- Previous experience in conducting market research, pricing and demand, sales projections and data analysis
- .Experience in social entrepreneurship and green-job creation is an asset.
- Previous experience with a multilateral or international organization including NGOs is an asset.
- Strong computer skills.
Technical and financial proposals along with CV & 3 references should be submitted and attached as one file, and without such will not be considered).
(Only Short Listed Candidates will be contacted)