Operational Risk Officer / Senior Risk Officer
Ref. Number: 21074
Department: Risk Management Department
Job Type: Global Recruitment
Posting Date: July 21, 2021
Closing Date: Aug. 11, 2021
Operational Risk Officer/Senior Risk Officer
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was created to help foster social and economic development, create wealth and improve infrastructure connectivity in Asia by investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors. As a new addition to the global multilateral development bank (MDB) family, AIIB works closely with other multilateral and bilateral institutions and the private sector to improve infrastructure by promoting regional cooperation and partnerships. AIIB has 103 members—including 21 prospective members—and has an authorized capital of USD100 billion, of which USD20 billion is paid in. AIIB is a triple-A-rated institution.
The Operational Risk function, as part of the Risk Management Department, is responsible for governance, oversight and credibly challenging operational risk exposures and risk management practices through monitoring, analyzing, and developing standards for remediating risk that arises from inadequate or failed internal processes and systems, people, or external events, while maintaining a balance between risk mitigation and operational efficiency.
The Operational Risk Officer/Senior Risk Officer is responsible for supporting the Head of Operational Risk with identifying risks, both existing and future, across AIIB and optimizing the Operational Risk Management Framework. They are expected to work effectively alongside Senior Management, IT, Operational Risk and key stakeholders in ensuring the continued robustness of the operational risk management function.
- Manage end-to-end operational risk process, ensuring a strong understanding and discipline of the implementation of operational risk across teams.
- Maintain a robust 2LOD oversight of the control environment and ensure that all flagged requests are met in a timely manner. Ensure all second-line accountabilities are being delivered consistently, effectively and efficiently.
- Support the implementation of a robust technology risk framework that mitigates current and future risk associated with IT, cyber and data security across AIIB.
- Support development, implementation and oversight of operational risk governance, standards and tools, including periodic review of risk directives, processes and guidance.
- Work with and support other departments to effectively manage operational risk by maintaining operational risk controls in accordance with AIIB policies.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Develop and implement training to raise the overall skillsets of the function (both technical and soft skills) to include development and execution of training interventions.
- Promote a strong control culture and general awareness of risk management across the business.
- Assist in the delivery of other AIIB projects.
- Engage in other duties assigned by the Head of Operational Risk
- Advanced expertise and experience in operational risk management; expertise in technology risk and other digital-related risks.
- Strong knowledge in resilience risk management would be ideal, with the ability to identify, analyze and respond with the necessary measures across new and existing activities (i.e., products, systems and processes).
- 7-15 years in operational risk in financial institutions, with broad experience across diverse business models within banking.
- Driven and ambitious self-starter who can grasp a concept quickly and deliver a reasoned investigation and analysis.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional interpersonal, influencing and communication skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders across the organization, including virtual interactions.
- Project management/PMO skills.
- Creativity and appetite for continuous improvement
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- A team player able to operate in a diversified and multicultural work environment.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- High personal integrity and emotional intelligence, with demonstrated ability to handle sensitive matters in a discreet and responsible manner.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in finance, business or related fields.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.