Information and Knowledge Management Specialist
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative and direct supervision of the programme officer, the Information and Knowledge Management Specialist will work in collaboration with the Projects’ teams in Amman.
The consultant in collaboration with the FAOJO technical team, will work closely with Ministry of Agriculture MoA and all relevant stakeholders by facilitating data and information sharing and support the establishment of the farmers' registry in Jordan.
Tasks and responsibilities
The main task for the consultant is to
• Develop, document and provide strategic and operational guidance in the adoption of information management tools and best practices, with a focus on the management and protection of beneficiary personal data;
• Collaborate on the creation and use of information management tools such as reporting dashboards and data collection tools (such as KoBo Toolbox, power B.I);
• Coordinate the alignment of information management efforts between, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL), Cash and Voucher and the MoA farmers registry;
• Provide input and assistance in drafting and review of technical requirements documents for adoption of management information systems (MIS)
• Undertake travel to support need identification, field piloting and roll-out of MIS and ensure adequate operational support is provided to the implementation of the project;
• Provide operational support and promote capacity development at the country-level;
• Maintain, updates and analyze information systems and databases within the Project, as applicable;
• Perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree in Political Science, Economics, Information Management, Statistics, and Computer Science or other relevant fields
• At least 2 year of relevant working experience in information or systems management, M&E with a background and interest in international humanitarian development.;
• Previous experience with FAO and/or other UN agencies is preferable
• Experience in staff capacity development and staff management.
• National of Jordan
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse and interpret information and draw out the key messages;
• Relevant skills and professional experience preferably in programme, analysis, reporting, including in data processing, analysis and report writing;
• Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to clearly articulate insights to internal and external stakeholders;
• Basic knowledge of FAO organizational policy and procedures related to programme and IM;
• Good knowledge of using and programming questionnaires in Open data kits (in particular Kobo toolbox);
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook);
• Experience and ability to perform in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary context.
• Analytical and judgment skills, and ability to apply procedures in administration and management;
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.