SCOPE Registration Associate SC6, Pemba
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Female qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). The Job holders report to a Head of the Unit, Chief or Information Technology Officer.
At this level job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate a team of support staff.
SCOPE is WFP’s beneficiary and transfer management platform that supports the delivery of digital assistance services. The platform is a web-based application used for beneficiary registration, programme activity configuration, distribution planning, execution of transfers to beneficiaries and distribution reporting. With regards to transfers management capabilities, SCOPE mainly supports electronic vouchers and cash-based transfer modalities for a variety of programme activities.
The purpose of the assignment is to support the WFP Pemba Field Office in the implementation of SCOPE for registration and digitization of beneficiaries and households, and e-voucher transfers management. The incumbent will apply their knowledge, skills and experience, to ensure that the programme activity and technical needs and expectations are met; ultimately facilitating the delivery of digital assistance services to the vulnerable communities where WFP operates.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Experience: 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience in use of digital solutions to capture information and upload into a central database for use. and/or other customer relationship management databases.
Languages: Oral and written fluency in Portuguese and English.
Intermediate to advanced knowledge of English (Oral and Written).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Field experience in data collection, monitoring or registration.
- Field experience in interaction with communities, and local community leaders.
- Intermediate skills in the use of MS Excel and other Office 365 solutions.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, coordinate workloads to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work unsupervised and under own initiative
- Previous experience or familiarity with WFP’s beneficiary database (SCOPE)
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The key responsibilities for this position are as follows.
- Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate beneficiary registration for efficient delivery of assistance.
- Provide training and support to WFP staff, cooperating partners and local government by providing training and information related to digitization of beneficiary information.
- Provide technical support and assist in the setup and configuration of SCOPE including, field office user profiles, food baskets and transfer values, geographical locations (FDPs) etc.
- Provide in-field technical support during activities such as beneficiary registration and distribution of food assistance using mobile technologies at various distribution points.
- Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely data quality checks on people and household information collected and rectify any identified issues.
- Prepare a range of reports and data analysis on beneficiary information and transfers in SCOPE (e.g. total households/ people registered, total value of transfers per location etc)
- Liaise with internal counterparts including the various Country Office Programme teams, and Field Office teams including Programme, IT, Logistics and Management for effective collaboration, implementation, and monitoring of ongoing activities.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Postion Title: Scope Registration Associate SC6
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Duty Station: Pemba
Contract Duration: 12 Months
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
5th August 2021
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.