Digital Economies and Training Advisor
Instructions to Applicants: Click on the "Apply now" button. Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. Please ensure that CV or P11 and the Cover letter are combined in one file.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
UNCDF will cover the cost of travel of the individual to the duty station, as well as their return to their home upon completion of their services. Travel costs are covered only in the event that the function will be undertaken physically in the duty station and excludes working from home arrangements.
The UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) makes public and private finance work for the poor in the world’s 46 least developed countries (LDC’s). UNCDF offers “last mile” finance models that unlock public and private resources, especially at the domestic level, to reduce poverty and support local economic development.
UNCDF financing models work through three channels: (1) inclusive digital economies, which connects individuals, households, and small businesses with financial eco-systems that catalyze participation in the local economy, and provide tools to climb out of poverty and manage financial lives; (2) local development finance, which capacitates localities through fiscal decentralization, innovative municipal finance, and structured project finance to drive local economic expansion and sustainable development; and (3) investment finance, which provides catalytic financial structuring, de-risking, and capital deployment to drive SDG impact and domestic resource mobilization.
UNCDF Loan Guarantee Facility
UNCDF in Zambia seeks to improve the enabling environment for financing of MSMEs and to contribute to the development of an inclusive digital economy. Among the objectives of this initiative is to support Financial Service Providers (FSPs), including their third party providers, improve their digital financing tools & models in order to better serve MSMEs, and to support MSMEs reinvent and adapt their businesses in the context of COVID 19.
The direct supervisor for this position is the IDE Regional Digital Hub Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
Designing and Providing trainings to selected Financial Services Providers (FSPs) on the UNCDF Loan Guarantee Facility:
- Designing the value proposition for the loan guarantee facility and the operational processes & procedures for the loan guarantee facility.
- Designing training materials for the raising awarness to the UNCDF loan guarantee facility.
Assessing the capacity of the Innovative Digital Finance Models proposed by the FSPs:
- Comparing FSPs definitions of Digital FInance models.
- Ealuating the Digital Finance`strategy of the FSPs.
- Mapping the underlying challenges and training needs areas for the target FSPs.
Building the capacity of FSPs on Innovative Digital Finance Models: Support one FSP in
- Developing the training scope and materials on innovative digital finance models.
- Developing a Digital finance product offering for MSMEs.
- Developing and administering training to FSPs as per identified needs .
- Developing a activity recomendations for other technincal areas relevant to digital finance (i.e. infrastructure needs, human capital development, and partnerships or collaboration).
- Providing FSPs with product development recommendations to developing a digital finance product offering for MSMEs.
Providing technical assistance on approaches to adapt/reinvent their businesses in the context of COVID 19.
- Identifying ways in which MSME businesses have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, and the possible approaches/tools that can be employed to help these businesses reinvent and adapt.
- Carrying out a market scoping to identify existing digital solutions that can be used by MSMEs to reinvent and improve their internal operations.
- Recommending a range of digital solutions that can be used by MSMEs to adapt/reinvent and improve their operations
- Designing the requirements with developers/providers of the identified digital tools, with a view to making such digital tools available for use by MSMEs.
- Delivering training & support to at least MSMEs on use of identified digital tools for adapting/reinventing and improving their operations
- Training & supporting MSMEs in improving their internal management and governance systems.
UN CORE VALUES AND COMPETENCIES
Professionalism: Shows pride in work and achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Communication:Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; Asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients " and seeks to see things from clients' point of view; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Required Skills and Experience
Min. Academic Education
Min. years of relevant Work experience
Required Skills and Competencies
Desired additional skills and competencies
Required Language(s) (at working level)