Lead, Intelligent Business Process Management Platform (iBPMP), Business Management System (BMS)/Next Generation GSM Project
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The Department of Information Management and Technology (IMT) has an operational and strategic role. On the one hand, the Department provides relevant, quality, reliable, and cost-effective IT services for the Organization to achieve its health mandate. On the other hand, it aims to be a strategic enabler for WHO by creating partnerships with business units (Administrative and Health Technical), capturing business needs, establishing and managing projects to address these requirements.
WHO current version of Oracle EBS (R12) and some of its allied systems will have to be replaced as soon as possible. WHO is reviewing the options of replacing the current EBS on premise solution (GSM) with a cloud SaaS based Best-of-Breed and vertical solution - with a modern set of tools using standard best practice business processes and cutting-edge technology. A new standard solution with minimum customizations will allow WHO to avail of modern technology including mobile access, artificial intelligence and business process automation, and to take advantage of any new technology and features added to the selected platform(s).
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Promote, encourage and adopt out-of-the-box (standard product) functionality.
- Collaborate with business users and technical stream leads, acting as central point of contact for the implementation of complex business processes that require customization.
- Collaborate with architects during the design of new solutions and maintain integrity across the business streams, ensuring continuity and consistency of the data exchanged.
- Manage the maintenance of documentation of the different external and internal systems.
- Ensure alignment of the integration with API management, complex business processes that require customizations, and any other applications.
- Maintain oversight across various business streams to coordinate release activities.
- Evaluate and design business process management.
- Ensure a governance plan is developed for leveraging the low code and iBMPS platform, provide guidance and best practices. Encourage the adoption of the governance plan.
- Identify opportunities for continuous quality improvement of technical standards, methodologies. Responsible for code reviews and contribute to WHO APPIAN Centre of Excellence (CoE) with new standards, guidelines and best practices.
- Promote and ensure the adoption of the various frameworks and best practices.
- Coordinate team members, including third-party consultants to support the development of different applications.
- Act as escalation focal point for integration issues raised by relevant stakeholders relating to the different business streams.
- Liaise with the security team to ensure that security policies are followed.
- Promote the transition process best practices.
- Ensure that the standards for automation, performance tests and regression tests are consistent across the business streams.
- Align the application monitoring framework for the iBPMS platform with the overall WHO application monitoring.
- Perform other duties as required.
- An advanced level university degree (Masters level or above) in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration or in another related discipline relevant to the functions of the position.
- APPIAN Level 1 Certification
- Agile Certification (SCRUM or SAFE)
- Project Management certification (e.g. Prince 2)
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL V3 or V4) certification
- At least 7 years of relevant professional experience, some exposure of which must be at international level, in project management, planning, design, development and integration, deployment and improvement initiatives and support related roles, including at least 5 years of experience in service delivery.
- At least 5 years of experience in software development with integration of large-scale ERP System or equivalent and IT applications.
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement and software design.
- Experience in the implementation and architecture of APPIAN as part of a service-oriented architecture for managing dynamic business process.
- Demonstrated experience of Continuous Integration and Deployment model, Test Driven Development.
- Experience in producing technical documentation including user requirement documents, proposals in response to project requirements.
- Experience managing and working with consultants including virtual and remote teams.
- Relevant experience working for large multinational company or International Organization/WHO/UN agency in complex business and/or IT programmes or projects.
- Experience working in a multicultural team, supporting a global user base and working with outsourced service providers.
- Relevant experience with business process re-engineering using best practice and standard processes.
- Relevant experience with PegaSystem, SalesForce or Microsoft Power Apps.
- Relevant experience with ITSM Service Cloud Providers such as ServiceNow.
- The Lead, iBPMP should have in-depth knowledge and skills in architecting, designing and developing BPM applications as part of a service-oriented architecture for managing dynamic WHO business processes.
- Strong knowledge of development deploying large-scale applications, including BPM Fundamentals, Architecture Components.
- Proficient in the various APPIAN components including SAIL Interfaces, Process Models, Admin Console, Document Management and Integration Smart Services, Records, Reports, Rules, Security, and Web APIs.Knowledge of implementation and architecture in APPIAN as part of a service-oriented architecture for managing dynamic business processes.
- Proficient with the complete dev implementation cycle, including business process modeling, tool installation, development, testing, and deployment.
- Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment model, Test Driven Development, Behavioral Driven Development.
- Project Management skills. Demonstrable presentation and communication skills.
- Capable of prioritizing own workload in a high pressure and time constrained environment.
- Customer focused with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of PMCoE framework and tools.Knowledge of ISTM Service management best practices.
- Knowledge of managing and/or working with teams including virtual and remote teams.
- Knowledge of SSO and Federation Services.
- Knowledge of the operating principles of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) and ETL.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Beginners knowledge of French.
WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 74,913 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 5306 per month for the duty station indicated above. Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
- This selection may be subject to special recruitment procedures. Further details of these procedures shall be made available upon request to HQ_bos_recruitment@who.int.
- This requisition may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level in different locations and for different contract types.
- The location of positions may change either before the final selection decision or during the course of an assignment based on business needs.
- The GSM Next Generation project is time-limited. (Selected internal candidates who already hold fixed-term or continuing appointments at the time of selection to the GSM Next Generation project will be reassigned at the end of this project.)
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- WHO has a mobility policy which can be found at the following link: http://www.who.int/employment/en/. Candidates appointed to an international post with WHO are subject to mobility and may be assigned to any activity or duty station of the Organization throughout the world.
- Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.