HMA Operator (Quality Management)
DDG HUMANITARIAN MINE ACTION
HMA Operator (Quality Management) – UKRAINE, Sievierodonetsk
The Danish Refugee Council and the Danish Demining Group (DRC-DDG), one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently seeking a highly qualified and motivated HMA Operator (Quality Management) for its growing Humanitarian Mine Action portfolio. We appreciate devotion and team building, and we welcome you to join our efforts in building capacities that will support humanitarian disarmament and peace building.
About the job
The HMA Operator (Quality Management) has the primary function of supporting the DDG HMA Advisor (Quality Management and Training Specialist - QMTS) with a view to developing his/her skills over a period of time. The main responsibilities are supporting technical courses for all field staff Quality Management Systems within humanitarian demining operations.
He/she will provide daily support to a number of demining, BAC and NTS teams spanning a wide area of operations, thus DRC-DDG is seeking a person that displays a positive approach to his/her work, and is of a determined and dedicated character.
The HMA Operator (Quality Management) reports directly to the DDG Technical Field Manager and has a technical line to DDG HMA Advisor/ QMTS.
The HMA Operator (Quality Management) will be primarily based in Sievierodonetsk, Eastern Ukraine but is expected to travel and reside in other regions, mainly to areas where DRC-DDG demining & BAC teams operate, to the national training centers and to Kyiv where DRC-DDG country office is located.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply a suitable Quality Management System (QMS) of demining activities including technical and non-technical surveys under the supervision of the QMTS and QM Officer;
- Support while Internal QA/QC inspections and provide information to QMTS & QM Officer (QMO);
- Monitoring quality of humanitarian demining activities and reporting findings, trends and recommendations for improvements to the QMTS & QMO;
- Support training of the National Staff and to assist the QMTS on all technical training courses required within the scope of operations.
The QM Operator will report directly to the Technical Field Manager.
- Knowledge of and practical experience with a range of hand-held detectors, such as the Minelab F3, Ebinger UPEX 740M, & SC100
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in demining including manual demining, technical and non-technical surveys
- Experience in HMA Quality Management roles would be considered advantageous
- Basic written and spoken English
- Basic degree of computer literacy
- Manual valid driving licence
- Capacity to work independently
- Resolution and integrity
- A positive and problem-solving attitude and ability to accomplish objectives in spite of a challenging political and insecure environment
- Political and cultural sensitivity, as well as a diplomatic, tactful, and flexible interpersonal style
- Ability to exude calmness and patience in high stress situations
- Proven ability to function well in a potentially volatile and sometimes stressful environment
- Medically and physically fit for duty in austere environments
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract: 1st September 2021 until June 2022 (after 3 months of probation period), with strong possibility of an extension, depending on funding and performance.
Salary at Band J non-managerial and conditions in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff including DDG allowance
Duty station: Sievierodonetsk, with regular travel to other regions.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Start date: 1st September 2021
For information about our work and organisation, please visit our website http://www.danishdemininggroup.dk/ and http://www.drc.dk/.
Application and CV
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications sent together with a CV and cover letter, in English will be considered.
Do not apply if you do not have the necessary experience and qualifications. Applicants whom do not supply the requested documentation will not be considered.
All qualifications/certification submitted will be screened.
IMPORTANT: We only accept applications sent via our on-line system at www.drc.dk under Vacancies. Applications sent directly by email will not be considered.
Applications are to be sent to no later than 22:00hours (GMT) 5th August 2021.