Safety and Access Assistant
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
DRC has been operating in the West Africa region for over 15 years, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) Guinea, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria and a Regional Office (RO) in Dakar, Senegal. DRC has 17 offices and more than 500 staff members across the WA region.
DRC started operating in Nigeria in 2015 where plans to run a combination of emergency, livelihood, WASH, protection and advocacy programmes has been set. DRC currently has offices in Abuja, Yola, Mubi, Maiduguri and Yobe.
Safety and Access Assistant, Michika LGA, Adamawa State
- Tertiary education (Bachelor minimum) in Security Operations, Communication, Criminology, Risk Management, Public Administration or related field.
- Computer skills (primarily MS Office applications), especially Microsoft Excel.
- A minimum of six-years military experience as a commissioned officer with proof of honourable discharge and service records.
- 4-years’ experience working with NGOs, other international agencies or multinational business.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Stable, moral and robust character and a good team-player.
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humour.
- Proven commitment to accountability practices.
- Ability to comprehend security related subjects as threats/risk management, security management, personal and organizational security awareness.
- Competent and literate in English, verbal and written, with a sound knowledge of technical expressions.
- Demonstrative experience in INGO/NGO or UN field (operations) with experience of safety and security.
- Master’s in security Operations, Management, Communication, Criminology, Public Administration or related field.
- 8-years’ experience working with international agencies or multinational business.
- Previous services with any of the Nigerian Disciplined forces (police, Army, NSCDC etc) will be a desired advantage, Certificate of discharge or recommendation from immediate supervisor will be required as proof.
Availability: 1st September 2021
Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
How to apply:
- The position is for NIGERIAN NATIONALS ONLY.
- DRC Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: DRC Nigeria Mission Humanitarian Access and Safety Advisor
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Applications should be sent through https://drc.ngo/about-drc/vacancies/current-vacancies This is for internal and external adverts.
- 5th August 2021 Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants who are invited for written test and oral interview will be contacted.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult: www.drc.dk
DRC does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.