FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background, and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations, and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
FAO Partnership and Liaison Office in Azerbaijan
Ms. Melek Cakmak, Head of Partnership and Liaison Office in Azerbaijan
Under the overall supervision of Head of Partnership and Liaison Office, the Driver will perform the following tasks:
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Drive FAOR and her high-level visitors on official trips during their local travel as well as during the missions to the regions of Azerbaijan related to the field workshops.
• Drive FAOR to receptions and official meetings/events.
• Meet FAOR and high level visitors at the airport, facilitate immigration, customs formalities, hotel check-in, and other local formalities.
• Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, transportation / vehicle related expenditures, vehicle servicing, repairs, etc.
• Ensure day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle; checks oil, water, battery, tires, etc.; perform minor repairs and timely arrange for any other repairs necessary to keep the vehicle safe and technically sound at all times; maintain the vehicle in clean conditions.
• Handle local and organizational formalities when involved in an accident; ensure that in this case all organizational and local / country rules, regulations and procedures are followed correctly.
• Collect and deliver mail, documents, pouches, and other communications / items from and to the project office; go to the post office, airport, government agencies, other UN agencies, and institutions, to take and deliver items and communications; keep records as required.
• Perform other related duties as required
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Primary education. Possession of valid driver’s license. Bachelor degree is an advantage.
• Five years of experience as a driver.
• Working knowledge of English and Azerbaijani
• National of Azerbaijan or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies:
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Completes tasks in a timely, cost-effective way and/or escalated properly
• Good knowledge of the local driving rules and regulations; skills in minor vehicle repair.
• A high degree of punctuality and reliability is required.
• Safe driving manner. Good sense of direction and knowledge of local conditions.
• Ability to cope with extended working hours.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.