AMAL Project Officer – Livestock and Farming Iraq Ramadi (National)
Role and responsibilities:
- Initiate, promote and establish/strengthen linkages between the key actors in the project target value chains, such as processors and traders, input suppliers and farmer organizations and other producer organizations and services.
- Facilitate technology transfer from teaching/research institutions to farmers through different initiatives such as farmer field schools.
- Provide technical guidance and backstopping to livestock farmers and traders on the identified project value chain development activities.
- Take a lead in collection, analysis, storage and dissemination of livestock value chain data such as for input supply, production, processing and trade.
- Assess training needs for project beneficiaries in all areas of targeted livestock value chains development such as agribusiness development, animal husbandry, quality management through regular consultations with relevant institutions and stakeholders.
- Identifies and capacitates existing livestock committee members on livestock management and animal health management.
- Organizes Livestock Field days and collaborate with district based government staff to ensure that there is effective delivery of extension services.
- Carries out vulnerability assessments and mapping as well as livestock related market assessments and give necessary recommendations to the Project Coordinator.
- Take the lead in community mobilization and targeting and monitor movement and distribution of in-kind assistance and grants maintaining a complete paper trail for all registrations, verifications and distributions for all livestock related activities.
- Conduct regular field visits to project sites and update the project coordinator with the progress of project activities in the field.
- Establish strong working relationship with targeted communities, (including local leaders and identification of local focal points), relevant government departments as well as other livestock actors in the operational areas.
- Implement NRC Community Engagement Approach.
- Conduct Focus Group Discussions, household surveys, and Key Informant Interviews, with assistants and enumerators
- Any other tasks required by the line manager
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Overall good knowledge of geography, local population, and local language in the areas of operational interests.
- Ability to show leadership in a multi-cultural team.
- Fluency in Arabic both spoken and writing.
- Fluency in English is an advantage.
- Competencies in all computer-related tasks including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good understanding of community participation, and very good ability to communicate with beneficiaries.
- Ability to manage high/low workload depending on emergencies.
- Ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision in a challenging environment.
Contract Duration: 12 months ( with the possibility of extension).
Duty Station: Anbar (Ramadi)
Health Insurance is provided.
Salary: G5/S1, According to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
NRC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
For more information please read Job Description