Senior Communications Officer
- Working with the Senior Livelihoods Manager, the global communications team, and local external partners, develop and implement an in-country communication plan, ensuring IRC policies and protocols are appropriately reflected;
- With the Senior Livelihoods Manager and Communications
Partnerships Manager, work directly with IRC clients in the Resilient Futures
program to develop communications materials (e.g. media stories, photographs,
video footage for external news outlets and social media) to raising project
visibility via earned media and across IRC digital channels.
- Proactively identify opportunities to profile the
program in Greek media, lead on outreach to press, and respond to journalist enquiries in a timely manner to meet external
deadlines; provide background information, arrange interviews and facilitate
visits as required.
- Lead the creation of communication
materials, content, and products on behalf of the Resilient Futures project
team in Greece (e.g. fact sheets, case studies, powerpoints, graphics, social
media content, and newsletters) aimed at raising awareness about the project
with key stakeholders.
- Work alongside global communications colleagues, the
IRC Hellas team and advocacy colleagues to develop appropriate messaging around
the Resilient Futures program.
- Act as a focal point for communications with Resilient
Futures local partners and ensure alignment with the implementation of
- Support event management for the program, including
online and offline events;
- Support research and writing of briefing materials and
advocacy papers in coordination with the Advocacy Manager and Advocacy Officer;
- Conduct other duties as the needs arise.
- All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC WAY Standards for
Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
Key Working Relationships:
Reports to: Sr Livelihoods
Manager with dual reporting line to Communications Partnerships Manager.
Other internal and/or external contacts:
IRC country program staff and relevant IRC regional and headquarters Communications
Citi focal points, local partner communications focal points
This position will be based out of the IRC center in Athens, Greece, and may require occasional travel to other locations.