Sustainer Program Advisor I
Baltimore (United States of America)
Job Title: Sustainer Program Advisor I
Department: Annual Giving
Reports to: Associate Director, Acquisition & Innovation
The Acquisition & Innovation team resides in the CRS Annual Giving Department and is responsible for several key revenue-generating programs, including New Donor Acquisition, Monthly Giving (Sustainer), Direct Response Fundraising and a variety of other donation-driven campaigns.
This position is responsible for managing the strategy, production and day-to-day operations of multiple direct mail and digital campaigns in support of agency-wide and departmental goals, primarily campaigns directed at recruiting and stewarding Sustainer donors, maximizing potential for revenue and file st ability. The Sustainer Program Advisor will work toward developing and managing data-driven, donor lifecycle strategies to drive the growth of CRS’ ‘Footsteps in Faith’ giving program as well as other Sustainer programs, using a multi-channel approach.
- Create and implement annual and multi-year strategies to maximize sustainer growth from all channels including direct mail, email, digital ads and more, ensuring that sustainer acquisition, conversion, retention, and upgrade strategies are executed efficiently, accurately, and with a focus on the donor experience.
- Create and manage campaign schedules; initiate and update campaign documentation; complete backend performance and expense reporting, paying particular attention to the strategy behind the messaging and the communications cadence for Sustainers, both online and offline.
- Support execution of digital fundraising campaigns and other fundraising efforts in Annual Giving, including the creation of online tools needed to help foster successful donor and subscriber initiatives.
Oversee workflow for each campaign from conception through completion; work closely with Donor Services, staff writers, editors, graphic designers and Web Team; manage deliverables with mailshops, printers, ad vendor and email team.
Manage internal fulfillment process; develop job specs, instructions and purchase orders; assemble a list of vendors that have the necessary capabilities; review and submit vendor invoices for payment.
Responsible for quality control of campaign materials; help develop, review and edit letters, cards, brochures and catalogs, emails, ads and other communications targeted toward Sustainers and Sustainer Prospects.
Work with the Donor Services team to create mail file orders and segmentation instructions; confirm accuracy of coding and personalization.
Develop and implement tracking systems for campaign expenses, samples and inventory management.
Sustainer Program Specific:
- Work to align direct marketing and digital fundraising sustainer programs to create one-unified strategy; work with channel managers and strategists to integrate sustainer strategies and tactics across all channels including but not limited to direct mail, texting, email, digital marketing, web, social media efforts.
Research and identify trends in sustainer programs and bring new ideas to the team; optimize under-utilized opportunities in other channels and initiatives to support sustainer goals.
Consult and collaborate with Advisor for Hispanic Monthly Giving Program
Other duties as assigned
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Editorial, Graphic Services, Donor Services, Purchasing & Finance, Analytics, Web Unit
External: Mailshops, printers, digital ad vendor & other fundraising consultants
- BA or BS degree required
- Minimum 5-7 years work experience in direct response, marketing or fundraising, particularly regarding Sustainers or Memberships
Ability to speak, write and present information clearly
Strong decision-making and negotiating skills
Understanding of fundraising concepts and a desire to raise money
Experience with budget planning and reporting
Understanding of digital channels and trends
Experience with CRM, email marketing a plus
Familiarity with donor databases or related systems a plus
Proficient in MS Office
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to effortlessly manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A fierce and tireless attention to detail
- Forward-thinking, anticipates opportunities and challenges
- An organized individual with strong time management skills who is deadline-driven and works well under pressure
- Takes initiative, requires minimal supervision and demonstrates impeccable follow-through
- A team player who projects a positive attitude, high energy and enthusiasm
- Commitment to CRS mission
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clea r a pre-employment medical examination.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people - especially children and vulnerable adults - to live free from abuse and harm.
*EOE/M/F/D/V -* CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions)
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.