Talent Acquisition and Onboarding Specialist
Korea (Korea (Republic of))
Talent Acquisition and Onboarding Specialist
Date: Jul 29, 2021
Location: Korea (KOR), KR
Company: Green Climate Fund
Grade: IS - 3
Deadline: 20 August 2021 (11:59 PM KST)
Location: Songdo, Incheon, South Korea
Salary: USD 97,700
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to assist developing countries to respond to climate change while bringing prosperity to their people.
Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate action and channels significant financial resources into developing countries to help build low-emission and climate-resilient societies. It is country-driven and undertakes actions that reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national aspirations. The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
Since its establishment, the GCF has approved 177 projects in 123 countries and has committed USD 8.9 billion in climate finance. In addition, it has built up an extensive program to support developing countries to identify their needs, in particular, those who are most vulnerable to climate change impacts.
The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talented staff makes unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment.
The Talent Acquisition and Onboarding Specialist, reporting to the HRBP and Recruitment, will focus on talent sourcing, candidate identification, networking and relationship building with potential candidates. The incumbent will advise on talent acquisition best practices and will be responsible for planning and coordinating the onboarding of staff, ensuring a successful start on the new employee’s journey.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develops creative ideas and innovative recruiting techniques to source qualified professionals and a diverse talent pool. (i.e., social media, employee referrals, direct contact recruiting, internet data mining, job boards, and internal/external networks)
- Contributes to the talent acquisition strategy, the refinement of the employee value proposition and management of the employment branding.
- Establishes and develops accurate recruiting metrics and reports to assess the effectiveness of the existent recruitment strategies and processes and drive process improvements.
- Advise internal stakeholders on designing and delivering sourcing solutions to attract talented professionals.
- Collaborate with HRBPs to map and address staffing needs within their client units.
- Enhance relationships with similar organizations on HR best practices. Attend relevant HR networking events — both within the UN system and the private sector.
- Organizes and participates in recruitment fairs and similar events.
- Supports the procurement of external recruitment firms and other relevant vendors to support the recruitment /onboarding process.
- Oversees and supports the full-cycle recruitment process, from the review of job position description to the facilitation of the on-boarding process of the new staff.
- Coordinates the onboarding and orientation of new staff with all units involved.
- Provide periodic reports to OHR and hiring managers on a timely basis regarding corporate and divisional KPIs.
- Gather feedback from new hires and hiring managers and utilize data to refine and improve recruitment and processes over time.
Required experience and qualifications*
- Master’s degree or higher in HR, Business Administration, MBA, Psychology or relevant fields or a Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years additional experience.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience, including progressively responsible work experience in Talent Acquisition/ Recruitment and preferably in an international organisation or a global company.
- Up-to-date knowledge on recruitment and selection techniques. Experience with online networking tools, such as LinkedIn and experience conducting searches on recruitment databases and ability to identify and access new professional networks as required.
- Networking skills and ability to enable high-quality recruiting partnerships. Experience working in an HR Business partner model is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed, results-oriented environment at a fast pace; ability to prioritize tasks, organize large volume of work, perform independently.
- Proven organizational skills, with the ability to undertake multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position; knowledge of another UN language an advantage.
*The person assessed by the Selection Panel as most suitable for the position will be proposed for appointment. Selection among short-listed candidates will also take into account performance at interview, appropriate testing, and references. Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.