DevOps Specialist Consultancy
Mexico (United States of America)
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a proactive, innovative, and self-motivated professional for the consultancy of DevOps Engineer at CIMMYT. The consultancy is an opportunity for professionals to acquire experience and skills in providing innovative solutions to support software development and operations based on the DevOps culture. As such, the candidate will work with a team in solving challenging problems pertaining to modern on-premises and cloud-based IT services as well collaborate with internal customers including but not limited to software developers, technical leads, and subject matter experts for a variety of software products.
The consultancy is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain software solutions custom-built to support the CI/CD pipeline being utilized in software development projects.
- Ensure that stakeholders have access to the information, tools, and services necessary for each aspect of the software delivery process.
- Conduct R&D activities with the objective of identifying industry best practices and technologies that will help improve the quality and efficiency of the different steps in the software delivery process.
- Provide cloud engineering support including provisioning, configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting to help ensure acceptable levels of availability of cloud infrastructure being utilized in the software delivery process.
- Provide technical support to stakeholders, facilitate requests involving other teams, and answer queries.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to identify pain points in the software delivery process and initiate process improvement activities.
- Conduct workshops on standards and best practices and internal capacity-building initiatives.
- Deliver solutions according to agreed-upon requirements and within schedule.
- Write and update technical documentation including but not limited to deployment guides, protocols, and best practices.
Required Academic Qualification, Skills and Attitude:
- The selected candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- The selected candidate must have working experience of 1-3 years in similar role preferably with Non-Profit Sector.
- The selected candidate must have knowledge of and skills in applying:
- Excellent knowledge in software engineering, software development lifecycle, and agile software development methodologies.
- Experienced in writing software solutions using a variety of programming/scripting languages as well as database management systems (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Working experience in backend software development (e.g APIs)
- Experienced in using UNIX-based operating systems
- Working experience of container technologies (preferably Docker)
- Basic experience on utilizing cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS)
- Team Values: Work Ethic, Initiative, Team-player, and communicates well.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to responsibilities and deadlines.
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Achievement Orientation, Problem Solving, Multi-Cultural Awareness/Sensitivity, Communication, Pro-activity, Teamwork, Flexibility/Adaptability, and Project Management.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development.
Candidates must apply online to M21174 DevOps Specialist. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday August 16th , 2021. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Jaqueline Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This consultancy oportunity will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.