Wichita (United States of America)
The mission of the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is to help people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933, the IRC has a presence in over 40 countries and 24 offices in the United States. In 2011, IRC opened its office in Wichita and provides services to the most vulnerable and at-risk families living in our community.
Scope of Work
The IRC is building upon its existing culturally responsive, comprehensive case management programming to implement the Kansas Family Connections & Resiliency (KFCR) program that specifically utilizes the Trauma Adapted Family Connections (TA-FC) modality. TA-FC is a low-barrier, poverty and trauma-mitigation intervention that aims to prevent youth from engaging in high-risk behaviors and to help families achieve and maintain stability. This is achieved by increasing caregiver functioning, positive parenting practices, social supports and services, and strengthening the overall family unit.
The social worker provides culturally and linguistically appropriate individual, family and group interventions and activities designed to improve the holistic well-being of clients. This includes conducting assessments and individual service plans, implementing evidence-based and evidence-informed interventions, providing resources and referrals, aiding in systems navigation, and engaging in psychoeducation. Services are provided to families from various backgrounds, and clientele may be comprised of individuals from different national and ethnic backgrounds, many of whom do not speak English. Services are provided in a variety of settings including in-home, in the community, and in the office. This position is expected to engage in provider capacity-building activities as IRC works to educate and strengthen mainstream providers in the needs of individuals, families, and communities who are highly burdened and marginalized by language and culture.
· Conduct intake and assessment
· Develop individual service plans
· Provide interventions and activities in client homes, the IRC office and in community settings
· Provide psychoeducation
· Based on client needs, provide resources and referrals, aid in systems navigation and provide the support and capacity building clients need
· Arrange for interpreters as needed to appropriately engage clients in services
· Maintain detailed and accurate case charting
· Complete required documentation, reports and data entry in a timely manner
· Communicate and coordinate regularly with the Program Manager to ensure that services are being delivered effectively, in a timely manner and in accordance with the technical unit
· Develop and provide group outreach sessions and workshops
· Develop and implement network capacity-building activities
· Other duties as assigned
· Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Master’s Social Worker (LMSW) preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field is required
· At least three years’ experience with assessment and service planning in a social service setting
· At least two years’ experience providing evidence-based, evidence-informed, or best-practice interventions with individuals and/or families
· Experience working with children and youth strongly preferred
· Strong intercultural competence; demonstrated ability to work effectively with people from other cultural backgrounds
· Excellent communication skills, with fluency in written and spoken English. Proficiency in Spanish is strongly preferred.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle with current insurance, and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.