Manager of Entertainment and Influencer Relations
New York City (United States of America)
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by war and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and over 20 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future, and strengthen their communities.
Marketing & Mobilization (M&M) is a dynamic team tasked with building the International Rescue Committee’s (IRC) global profile and brand. As part of the M&M team, the newly formed Experiential Marketing Unit, of which Entertainment and Influencer Relations is a part of, combines both the Entertainment and Influencer unit with Special Events in order to create sophisticated moments that excite the public and generate buzz. The Entertainment team’s goal is to build and manage a strong, diverse, and engaged base of celebrities to help raise the awareness of the organization’s mission, advocate for refugees and asylees, and fundraise for this vital work. The Manager of Entertainment and Influencer Relations will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the celebrity program including tracking unit successes, reporting outcomes, crafting presentation decks, coordinating travel logistics, coordinating talent attending events, and general administrative support.
This position needs a highly motivated individual with experience in entertainment or sports and has a passion for the IRC’s mission.
The focus of the Entertainment and Influencer Relations unit is to target, handle and deploy internationally recognized and respected celebrities from the worlds of film, television, music, and sport who are committed to our mission, generous with their resources and in line with our brand voice.
Highlights of your responsibilities
- As part of the newly formed Experiential Marketing Unit, help the director build out the Entertainment and Influencer strategy that will demonstrate how ambassadors can both drive and support big moments and campaigns by lending their voices and brands.
- Work across departments to help coordinate the usage of celebrity content both internally as well as via their personal social channels.
- Support the IRC Ambassador program with general research and administrative tasks e.g.: lead internal requests for talent content, coordinate logistics for celebrity field trips including flights, hotels, visas as well as agendas by working with communications colleagues at headquarters and globally, build call sheets for appearance at IRC events, compile entertainment relations decks for internal/external use, generate talent wish lists for organizational endeavors.
- Track and report on impacts that are made by IRC artists and athletes such as donations, press coverage, social media postings.
- Build documents such as Power Point decks to be used as tools both internally and externally.
Position reports to
Sandee Borgman, Director of Entertainment and Influencer Relations – part of the Experiential Marketing unit in the M&M department
- 2-3 years’ experience in entertainment or sports
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Skilled in Word, Excel, Power Point, Google Docs, Box
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A creative, flexible and proactive nature with an ability to interact optimally with a wide range of individuals
- An understanding of cultural trends
The Entertainment and Influencer Relations unit is committed to working with like-minded artists and athletes who demonstrate a passion for and dedication to refugees and internally displaced persons. This program intends to honor its beginnings in 1933 when Albert Einstein was rescuing artists and academics from occupied Europe. Today, our goal is to build on this outstanding origins and operate with grace, appreciation, and respect for those luminaries who offer their time, resources and influence.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Standards of Professional Conduct
The IRC and IRC workers adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way -Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, Egalite, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.#LI-GR1