ICT Senior Assistant
Background Information - Myanmar
Background Information - Job-specific
Functional Responsibilities (1) ICT Management
Assist to ICT officer to develop/implement ICT Plan.
Supervise hardware maintenance provided by vendors.
Administration and maintenance of MS Windows Server 2008/2012 Server.
Administration of G Suite Admin Console, Manage Setting, Users & Devices, etc
Maintenance of workstations, printer/copiers and ICT equipment.
Management and administration of UNOPS data backup system.
Maintenance of Cisco and Dell WAN/LAN equipment.
Maintenance of communication equipment (VSAT, Fiber Optic Link, Wireless and VHF radio, etc.).
Administration and maintenance PABX system.
Maintenance of Video and Audio conferencing equipment and ICT equipment.
Install the workstation and require ICT facilities for users.
Provide hardware and software troubleshooting support to the office, seeking technical advice and support from ICT colleagues as required.
Support desktop operating system, standard Windows software, and various UNOPS customized systems.
Support G Suite Applications and related issues
Provide staff training on all hardware, software, file management/maintenance and LAN systems if need.
Propose tools and methods for improving the desktop working environment
Ensure optimal quality services by maintaining ownership of all reported problems until appropriate resolution is reached and communicated to the person reporting the problem.
Assist to ICT team on finding out solution for the ICT related issues.
Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of software and hardware.
Maintenance of a library of ICT related reference materials.
Maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts.
Provide management escalation and client notification of technology issues, as needed.
Perform other related duties as required.
Report to ICT officer the status of hardware conditions and advise if need to replace.
Report to ICT officer about frequently issues.
Report to ICT officer immediately if there is errors on critical network equipment.
Monitoring and Progress Control
The ICA holder will directly report to the ICT Officer and make contributions as per the TOR.
Provide day to day support to users and perform maintain ICT system environment to ensure system availability.
- High school diploma is required.
- A Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science or related field will be considered a strong asset
- (5) years of experience in Information Technology functions are required in combination with a high school degree.
- A BA or a MA degree may substitute for some or all the required years of experience respectively
- Minimum (3) years of LAN and Desktop operating systems, graphics software, electronic mail systems, and related tools and techniques are required
- Fluency in English and Myanmar languages required.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement Contract level: LICA 5/ICS 5
Contract duration: Open ended (subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds, and satisfactory performance)
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.