Program Assistant (Subject to funding), Ukraine, L4
Every year, millions of people around the world go missing as a result of conflict, human rights abuses, disasters, organized crime, irregular migration, and other causes. This is a complex global challenge that can be tackled effectively through cross-cutting programs that address a variety of difficult, interconnected issues.
The International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) is the international organization tasked exclusively to work on the issue of missing persons. It works with governments and other stakeholders, including families of the missing, to help develop and maintain successful missing persons processes. To learn more about ICMP click here.
ICMP will work on a project to provide assistance to Ukraine’s Commission on Missing Persons and relevant authorities to investigate missing persons cases in accordance with international norms and standards. The project focuses on the following:
- Strengthening the capacity of the Commission on Missing Persons to investigate missing persons cases in line with international standards and ability to implement a large-scale, missing persons program
- Enabling Ukraine to launch a central record on all missing persons, and
- Providing operational support to enable Ukrainian authorities to collect data directly from families of the missing.
The beneficiaries of the project include families of the missing, civil society, national stakeholders.
Under the supervision of the Senior Program Coordinator, the Program Assistant main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Document processing and control: document numbering, proofreading, formatting and standardizing documents in line with the ICMP Policy on Confidentiality;
- Ensuring publishing quality of ICMP documents;
- Archiving and logging all documents in the Documentation Unit repository;
- Preparing meeting documents;
- Managing external translations and document translations;
- Organizing regular team meetings and conference calls/video-conferences, often over different time zones, including the preparation and distribution of documents;
- Taking and producing meeting minutes;
- Other related duties as assigned.