Analyst, Nutrition Program
Analyst, Nutrition Program
- New Delhi
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - India
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI, in partnership with its India affiliate, William J. Clinton Foundation's (WJCF), has been working in India since 2004 in close partnership with and under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the central and state levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes.
Currently, CHAI/WJCF programs support government initiatives on Tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, cancer, immunization, and health financing. Additionally, CHAI/WJCF supports many state governments on large-scale programs to arrest childhood and maternal mortality due to malnutrition, anaemia, diarrhoea and pneumonia, and helping increase access to quality family planning services.
Since 2016, WJCF/CHAI has been supporting the state of Madhya Pradesh for developing and executing ambitious new efforts to reduce chronic malnutrition in India. The program’s focus has been on:
- Reducing prevalence of anaemia in adolescent girls and pregnant and lactating women by:
- Strengthening the current Iron and Folic Acid (IFA) supplementation programs
- Increasing awareness and knowledge on anaemia amongst frontline workers/beneficiaries by driving operational excellence of a large field force
- Advocating for introduction of fortified staple commodities
- Reducing prevalence of underweight and stunting among children by:
- Improving and delivering affordable, nutritious food products fortified with the necessary minerals and vitamins
- Addressing implementation gaps and enhance program efficiency by introducing scalable technology solutions for supply chain management
- Strengthening community-level systems for monitoring of nutrition indicators and establish a continuum of care and treatment for children with chronic, moderate and severe acute malnutrition
Over the years, WJCF/CHAI has successfully executed these interventions and supported the Government of Madhya Pradesh in their efforts to achieve better nutrition and health outcomes. The opportunity of working in such a challenging context has allowed WJCF/CHAI to develop a deep understanding and knowledge of the key challenges that are contributing to the high burden of malnutrition and deploy strategies to address them in the most effective and efficient manner. As a next step, WJCF/CHAI expects to serve as a catalyst to leverage our knowledge and scale these efforts across other high-burden geographies in the country.
With an objective to a) document and disseminate WJCF/CHAI’s learnings from the execution of multiple nutrition-focused interventions in the state to key stakeholders across the country, and b) scale WJCF/CHAI’s proven interventions across newer geographies, WJCF/CHAI is looking for an Analyst who can quickly understand the program details and work closely with the team members to develop and deliver quality documents (including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), case studies, scale-up strategy, and such others).
WJCF/CHAI seeks a highly qualified and motivated individual with strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and an ability to function independently or with remotely located team members in dynamic and often uncertain situations with a strong commitment to excellence. WJCF/CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
- Review program reports and documents to develop a comprehensive understanding of WJCF/CHAI India Nutrition Program.
- Develop case studies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), templates and formats for dissemination of CHAI’s learnings among key stakeholders and enabling seamless transition of CHAI’s responsibilities to the government counterparts in Madhya Pradesh.
- Review and analyse data and support in the development of reports and presentations to be submitted to donor(s) or government stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Conduct secondary research to gather key information on policies and best practices in specific verticals under nutrition and health service delivery.
- Develop comprehensive scale-up strategy and operational plans for replicating WJCF/CHAI’s learnings and/ or best practices in strengthening nutrition and health ecosystem across other geographies (including Punjab).
- Coordinate and participate in discussion with external stakeholders (including government and other development partners), as required.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested by program or country leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, management, economics, engineering, statistics, operations research, or other relevant areas.
- Work experience of at least 1 year in public health, market research, strategy consulting, data analysis, or other relevant areas.
Required skill set:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Data Visualization Tools is necessary.
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and meet stringent deadlines.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills required.
- Fluency in English and Hindi.
- Willingness to travel as and when required for work purposes.
- Preference would be given to candidates with prior experience of working in a result driven environment, in the public and/or private sector.