- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Human Resources
- Additional Location Description
- Maseru, Lesotho
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI’s employees currently work in over 30 countries around the world and are supported by both in-country HR staff members as well as the Global Human Resources (HR) team. Within the Global HR Team is an Operations team, a Talent Acquisition team, a Core team and a Partner team. The HR Operations team works closely with program and country teams across the organization to manage employee life cycle changes for 80% of the organization, provide guidance on compensation and benefits, ensure legal compliance and maintain up-to-date employment data and records for over 1800 staff members.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Coordinator to support our teams across the globe. Successful applicants will be self-motivated and humble, with experience or interest in supporting employees across varying countries and cultures. They will support the day-to-day operations of HR and often be the first point of contact for staff and managers seeking guidance from HR.
This position can be based in Eswatini or Lesotho.
• Work with various country team offices to manage payroll deadlines and process bi-weekly and monthly payroll submissions
• Facilitate the employee life cycle - onboarding new hires, conducting onboarding calls, assist in termination process, including sending exit letters and exit surveys, and coordinating with HR Partners on any sensitive issues and entering and maintaining data in HRIS
• Enter data on new hires, changes and terminations into HRIS and ensure employee documents are saved appropriately
• Communicate with benefits vendors and enter data into online benefits systems regarding new hire enrollments, changes and terminations
• Work closely with HR Manager of Benefits and Compliance to support employees and managers with benefits questions and assist with escalated claims issues.
• Monitor shared Human Resources email account and field incoming questions related to onboarding, benefits, and general HR issues
• Actively monitor contract end dates and issue contract renewals when needed
• Assist with audits - conduct weekly internal audits and coordinate with the Finance department to provide documents and information for internal and external audits
• Assist employees with employment verifications and visa letters
• Provide ad-hoc data & project support, including reporting from the HRIS and other administrative support to Human Resources staff as needed
• Work closely with Country Teams to understand in-country processes and needs and bring in-country perspective to Global HR team to inform process improvements.
• Work with the Expenses and Payroll department to process reimbursements and pay invoices
• Other projects as assigned by supervisor
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent plus 1-3 years work experience; or equivalent total work experience
• Ability to work independently and with a high level of accuracy, initiative, organization and self-motivation
• Ability to function in a fast-paced work environment across several time zones and across cultures
• Strong interpersonal skills including excellent written and oral communication
• Demonstrated ability to work with a sense of urgency and timeliness
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; strong Excel skills preferred
• Fluency in spoken and written French
• Experience with HRIS or SQL database