Job Training AmeriCorps
Silver Spring (United States of America)
Background: The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future.
Scope of Service: The Job Training AmeriCorps will provide training and educational services to improve client capacity to obtain and retain employment and maintain economic self-sufficiency. This position will report to the Employment Specialist.
- Deliver and update as appropriate existing job training curriculum
- Implement and conduct vocational training courses that include ESL, cultural and workplace orientation, mock interviews, creation of resumes, and job skills development sessions.
- Maintain accurate attendance records and document in client files as required
- Administer client pre- and post-assessments as required and document results in case files
- Ensure that information required for program eligibility and reporting purposes is collected and that accurate records are maintained, including case files and client data entry. Ensure necessary steps are taken to obtain relevant data in a timely fashion; follow-up with all clients regularly and record all contacts with case notes
- Participate in all program meetings, development activities, and other meetings as needed.
- Assist in the onboarding of new volunteers and interns as relevant