Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Chief Integrated Analysis Team/Information Analyst, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Maintain an understanding of developments/events relevant for the implementation of the Mission mandate through monitoring and collection of data/information from multiple sources, including UN Mission civilian, military and police components, UN Country Team (UNCT), national military/civilian authorities, NGOs, media and other key stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of accurate and timely Integrated Analysis Team (ITA) analytical products and briefings, in coordination with other Mission components and sources.
- Serve as a focal point for the acquisition of information from UNSOM Field Offices.
- Assist in the development and coordination of IAT tools, such as Information Requirements, in consultation with all relevant information collection components of the Mission.
- Assist in classifying, managing, storing, and transferring information by using IAT information management processes and systems. Information analysis: Organize, analyze and synthesize information for the identification of trends, production of forecasts and assessments.
- Assist in maintaining a system for classifying and storing confidential information, in consultation with information management/technology expertise.
- Contribute to effective working relationships within IAT and other UN Mission components, the UNCT and relevant external actors and organizations.
- Assist the Chief IAT with any other task as required.
A minimum of 36 months of progressively responsible experience undertaking operational and analytical work in the field of international affairs, international security, humanitarian affairs, development or journalism. Experience in a UN field mission or equivalent experience is desirable. Working experience in the Horn of Africa is desirable.Language skills
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Horn of Africa experience is desirable.Driving license Competencies values Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams Application procedure * Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply. * Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply. Application deadline: 02 September 2021