Logistics and Admin Operator (National Position)
General job description
The Log and Admin Operator will be in charge of:
- All a the logistics tasks in the Office with active support with Logistics Coordinator, in terms of security, supply chain, movements, IT, etc.
- Cash & transfers, providing support to HuB Coordinator in partnership management.
- Reporting directly to the HUB Coordinator with technical referent for log & admin and finance.
For more information about our work in Syria please go to https://www.accioncontraelhambre.org/es/oriente-proximo/siria
Objective 1: Security Management
- Contribute to the harmonization of the NSOP and LSOP between Syria and Lebanon Missions.
- Support HUB Coordinator in sharing information related to the safety and security context that might affect operations.
- Support the Security Manager/Logistics Coordinator in the update and development of security documentation related to the mission.
- In cooperation with LB Log coordinator develop briefing protocols, and conduct security briefing to mission visitors (national and international staff).
- Make sure that border crossing protocols and airport movement protocols are revised on regular bases.
Objective 2: Supply Chain Management and Reporting
- Conduct and plan all procurement needs for office and GHs as per AAH guidelines and procedures.
- Conduct regular check up of the GHs (water, gas, electricity and etc.).
- Proper Hard Copy and Soft Copy archiving of all the procurement documentation as per AAH guidelines and procedures.
- Responsible for the procurement dossiers conducted by specific partners and verifications of deliveries.
- Regular visits to the Capital Base for coordination meeting in Log. Department and support in operations when needed.
- Update and share on monthly basis the PFU & CFU of the HUB with high level of accuracy and follow up on premises payment.
- Update and maintain list of the equipment and inventory, fuel consumption.
Objective 3: Manage administrative and financial issues
- Manage Cash and Bank books.
- Control all the payments at HuB (Rent, Utilities, phone, electricity, internet fees).
- Prepare monthly accountancy as per AAH guidelines by end of every month and send it to Head of Accountancy.
- Properly archive the supporting documentation.
- Prepare monthly expenses forecast and manage the cash requests for HUB payment needs.
- Liaise with Damascus office and AAH Lebanon on the financial and administrative issues.
- Provide support to the HUB Coordinator and HR department on administrative issues as requested.
Objective 4: Movements & Transportation
- Responsible for the safe movements of all HUB staff.
- Filling & completion and signature collection for all the TRF.
- Hotel booking for national and international visitors and picking planning from airport or border.
- Planning and maintenance and correct usage of the AAH car unit.
Objective 5: Premises, fleet and equipment maintenance
- Ensure the maintenance of the premises(electricity, gas, fuel, water, washrooms, etc.).
- Make sure that all the needed working materials are always available (stationery, equipment, etc.).
- Ensure through the driver supervision that AAH vehicle is properly maintained.
- Manage the administrative issues related to vehicle (l insurance , any other obligations for owning a vehicle).
Objective 6: Team Management
- Ensure that the staff under his / her management acts according the AAH code of conduct and guidelines.
- Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Accountancy or any relevant file
- 2 years of professional work experience in similar role
- Knowledge in Humanitarian Principles
- Knowledge in Logistics in Humanitarian Field is a plus
- Excellent command of both Arabic and English languages.
- Excellent Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PPT).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Dynamic with good organizational skills
- Stress resistance, ability to work in high pressure environment
- Mobility :Available to travel to Syria when needed
- Contract period: 6 months contracts, renewable based on Action Against Hunger fund and performance.
- Salary/benefits: 1,400 USD
Duty station: Beirut with frequent travel to Syria
Candidates may be contacted for other suitable positions within Action Against Hunger.
Due to the high-number of application received, only potential applicants will be contacted.
Applications will be assessed and vacancy might be closed before the end of the announcement as per qualifications availability.
The organization is committed to the principles of non-discrimination and diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people.
- You can apply for this position by going to our web site: https://employ.acf-e.org/--> go to job offer in mission --> Select Syria Mission --> select Logistics and Admin Operator
or you can send your CV to this Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Subject : Logistics and Admin Operator
In the process of recruitment, selection and appointment Action Against Hunger implement a range of procedures and actions including Criminal Background Checks/ International vetting/Certificate of good conduct to ensure children and vulnerable adults are safeguarded and abuse is prevented