Human Resources Officer (Performance management and employee engagement)
• FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
• Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
• Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
• All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
• All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
• The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization.
FAO’s Human Resources Division (CSH) provides HR strategies, policies, tools, guidance and oversight to FAO clients worldwide to ensure that the Organization attracts, develops and retains a diverse, skilled and highly motivated workforce, delivering on the mandate of the Organization. Over the next years, CSH will focus on developing and implementing a people centered strategy, and positioning HR as a strategic partner contributing to the achievement of the mandate of FAO.
The Human Resources Division is composed of two main clusters, (i) the Integrated Talent Management providing advice and managing position management, recruitment, mobility, staff development & training, performance management and social security, and (ii) the HR Strategy and Policy, providing HR strategic guidance, policy and oversight.
The Human Resources Officer (Performance management and employee engagement) reports to the Senior Human Resources Officer, Learning and Performance Branch (CSHL)
Design, lead and advise on performance management and employee engagement related activities
Comprehensive HR expertise for the planning and delivery of multi-disciplinary HR programmes, products and services and the development of related policies and specialized tools and systems.
- Leads projects and/or work teams, leads and/or participates on Division teams, provides secretariat services and/or professional HR expertise on Organization-wide HR committees and working groups and represents FAO at inter-agency meetings;
- Plans and delivers HR programmes, products and services including related policies, systems and tools to facilitate the effective recruitment, management, development and retirement of the FAO workforce;
- Analyzes HR requirements, information, data, statistics, relativities, trends, problems, and/or issues to support service delivery, new HR initiatives, and the preparation of plans, strategies, reports, policies and/or other products;
- Provides specialist HR advice and expertise to designated 'business partners' on specific or complex cases, staff requirements, policy interpretation issues, labour relations issues and/or best practices, etc.;
- Manages special projects and provides guidance to consultants for the development and implementation of new HR products, tools, and systems;
- Develops information, training materials and products to increase understanding of HR programmes, services and policies, promote capacity development and facilitate the introduction of 'Change' across the Organization;
- Provides information and assistance to management and staff to resolve problems and/or reach agreement on complex issues;
- Develops relevant performance criteria and indicators to evaluate HR programmes, products and services.
- Leads the performance management and engagement work team including the planning and delivery of relevant programs and activities;
- Identifies and analyzes performance management needs and designs frameworks and programmes to meet these needs including reward and recognition initiatives;
- Conducts data analysis and prepares analytical reports, including preparation of data-driven briefings for senior management in support to decision-making;
- Coordinates the development and design of relevant performance monitoring dashboards;
- Provides performance management guidance and advice to staff and managers and develops, updates and communicates related guidance and training to help foster a culture of ongoing dialogue and feedback;
- Maintains a community of performance management focal points across FAO;
- Evaluates, selects and manages vendors for the design and delivery of performance management and employee engagement products and services;
- Monitors, measures and tracks the effectiveness and impact of performance management and related learning solutions and recommends ways to enhance efficiency, compliance and impact;
- Manages the design, implementation and administration of FAO’s global Employee Satisfaction Survey (E2S);
- Coordinates the analysis of E2S data and trends using knowledge of best practice of engagement surveys, including working with data and preparing reports and presentations;
- Coordinates the development of resources and tools for FAO workstreams and offices to support follow-up action planning to the E2S;
- Coordinates the identification/design of other tools to engage with employees and collects feedback on key FAO strategies, policies, and relevant workplace issues;
- Keeps abreast of developments in the area of performance management and employee engagement.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in human resources management, law, business administration, social sciences, organizational development, industrial psychology or a related field
- Seven years of relevant experience in human resources management including performance management and employee engagement
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official languages (Arabic, Chinese, French Russian or Spanish)
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
- Extent and relevance of experience in designing and implementing employee engagement surveys and supporting post survey reporting and action planning
- Familiarity with performance management monitoring and reporting activities including performance metrics and measurement of statistics and linking those to qualitative analysis
- Extent and relevance of experience in the development and implementation of frameworks, programmes and initiatives related to performance management and reward and recognition
- Familiarity with automated human resources and learning and performance management systems
- Demonstrated strong writing, analytical, presentation and project management skills and experience
- Demonstrated strong customer-focused skills and experience
- Working knowledge of another FAO official language is considered a strong asset