Child Protection Case Worker
- Provide individual case management for children in accordance with all case management steps and related tools and procedures;
- Provide ongoing support to families;
- Offer psychological first aid (PFA) to children and parents/caregivers;
- Communicate regularly other case management and protection staff for updates on achievements and challenges;
- Ensure that offered activities respond to the needs of children and continuously reassess the situation and the needed interventions;
- Ensure activities are safe for children and staff members and liaise with the relevant IRC colleagues in order to assess the safety and security of the interventions;
- Participate into case conferences, working groups, ad hoc workshops and thematic trainings when required;
- Keep all the case files updated and secured;
- Complete all reports in a timely manner;
Grant Monitoring & Reporting
- Provide input for weekly and staff activity reports and support any other reporting needs of the program.
Coordination & Representation
- Directly communicate effectively with other professionals and service providers as part of conducting individual case management;
- Regularly attend child protection meetings at field level.
- All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.