UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNV’s Management Services hold the responsibility for the strategic planning, managerial leadership, oversight and quality control of an integrated platform of operational services ensuring timely, effective and efficient delivery according to corporate performance standards and in compliance with the UN Regulations and Rules and UNDP´s accountability framework.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Team Leader Procurement, Travel and Administration Unit in Management Services, the Administrative Clerk provides support to effective and efficient functioning of the unit and to a wide range of administrative and operational services ensuring quality of work, accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery. The Administrative Clerk promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach and works in close collaboration with the PTAU team and relevant counterparts in UNV and UN Agencies to support business needs and facilitate information exchange.
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP/UNV rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provision of inputs to preparation of the team results-oriented workplans.
- Receive and deliver shipments, arranges customs clearances, prepares relevant documentation;
- Receive, classify and deliver correspondence and invoices and ensures timely distribution;
- Prepare routine correspondence and reports in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Extract, input, copy and file data from various sources upon request;
- Provide support to special events in coordination with relevant counterparts, including visa and permits requirements;
- Administer mobile phone pool, maintenance and replacement of mobile phones, keeping track on temporary distribution files, etc.;
- Prepare bills for private calls on mobiles and landlines and report to Human Resources for cost recovery;
- Keep track on space allocation, archives and storage space;
- Keep track on stationary and distribution of requested items.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Provision of reliable and safe driving services
- Drive official vehicles for the transport of UNV staff, other high-ranking officials and visitors, and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport, assisting in visa and customs formalities arrangements;
- Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle, accurate maintenance and record of daily vehicle logs and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability and compliance of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, GPS, first aid kit, necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
Ensures effective administrative and logistical support
- Processing of incoming and outgoing mail, diplomatic pouch, shipments, custom clearances and courier deliveries;
- Prepare documents/parcels for shipment; coordinate and schedule dispatch with external courier companies;
- Ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures for UN Diplomatic Pouch and other mail services;
- Assit with travel arrangements,
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Create e-requisitions and ensure timely payments of invoices
Maintenance of registry system
- Scan and upload documentation, invoices and files on pertinent portals upon request;
- Maintain physical archives, making sure files are properly stored and accessible; ensure safe keeping and disposal of documents in accordance with established policy;
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of an electronic registry/archive (e-Registry) system in close cooperation with relevant organizational units.
Support to office maintenance and assets/custodials/inventory management
- Receiving, inspecting and verification of all incoming equipment, furniture and supplies and scheduling deliveries to users.
- Preparation of good receipts and submit for signature to requesting unit.
- Collect information and register items in tracking system and tag all items upon receipt from the supplier.
- Entry in ERP and the asset tracking tool of all the requisite asset management and custodial items information
- Perform physical verifications for assets/custodial items/supplies and inventory verifications by checking the accuracy of records, physical status and location of property and submitting periodic reports
- Support to the management on physical assets disposal. Documentation preparation for submission to CAP; follow up on request and liaise with requesting unit and maintenance for disposal action and entry in ERP of all the requisite details for recording disposals.
- Preparation of inventory reports as required and ensure movements are recorded and stock records are always updated.
- Maintenance of the record and filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Maintenance of records on assets management, preparation of reports.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance.
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Training of staff engaged in the conduct of physical verifications and inventory.
- Briefing of staff members on issues relating to area of work
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Ability to manage day-to-day office activities (including but not limited to travel management, facilities and asset management, policy and procedures maintenance) to meet operational needs
- Ability to identify and execute opportunities to improve operational efficiency
- Ability to perform administrative and procedural activities to ensure that quality requirements and goals are fulfilled
Service Delivery Coordination
- Ability to coordinate and deliver services in line with service level agreements and standards of excellence in UNV
- Knowledge of logistics operations, principles and methods, and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
- Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant administrative experience is required at the national or international level.
- Fluency in English and German.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Valid driving B category driver’s license and safe driving record of minimum 5 years.