Gift Management Associate
New York City (United States of America)
The External Relations (ER) department has been created in February 2020 and is comprised of 3main but complementary functional areas: Private fundraising, Communications and Advocacy. The ER department is at the beginning stages of creating a new radical and ambitious strategy that will enhance IRC’s ability to ‘punch above its weight’ in private income, advocacy and brand awareness. The main objective of the department is to enable this organization of more than 12,000 staff to have the resources needed to continue serving 18 million people worldwide in places affected by war and disaster, shape the humanitarian sector by influencing key policies and reforms and build and grow IRC’s reputation.
The Associate, Gift Management is primarily responsible for timely and accurate gift and donor data capture from third-party platforms as well as direct contribution sources; reconciliation, quality control, and donation data integrity; and developing and maintaining up-to-date process protocols. The Associate will cross-train on all functions of the Gift Management team. The ideal candidate will be flexible and remain open to evolving responsibilities and expectations as our systems, and the teams we support, grow and evolve.
- Input donor and donation data to Salesforce from a variety of sources, including external platforms, vendor data files, and ad hoc internal requests;
- Reconcile Salesforce data against financial statements from third-party platforms, bank deposits, and credit card processing vendors;
- Develop and perform daily quality control processes to ensure accurate financial coding of all imported data;
- Field requests via task and case systems for donation refunds, code updates, campaign creation, and event tracking;
- Develop and perform regular data hygiene review processes and make updates using Salesforce Data Loader and basic SQL processes;
- Support specialized donation processing and reconciliation, including workplace, online, and recurring;
- Field questions related to gift and donor information from staff, vendors and colleagues in Finance;
- Conduct regular process efficiency audits; implement new or optimize existing processes to address gaps and opportunities;
- Build and maintain protocols and documentation to ensure consistent and accurate data transfer, storage and retrieval;
- Participate in special projects as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably with a financial, technical or other relevant degree.
Work Experience: Approximately 2 years of work or intership experience in non-profit fundraising, development operations, advancement services, or related field.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent computer skills: facility with MS Word, Excel, Access and email/internet software;
- Well-rounded experience and understanding of fundraising or accounting software, and specific experience with Salesforce-based fundraising applications (NGO Connect or Non-Profit Success Pack);
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills: possess the ability to communicate and liaise effectively with colleagues and vendors and works well within a team environment;
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to work productively in a fast-paced, detail-oriented, and collaborative environment and the ability to independently manage a multi-faceted workload and meet strict deadlines;
- Accuracy and attention to detail a must; sensitivity when working with highly confidential information and ability to maintain complete discretion at all times;
- Proven ability to plan and independently manage a variety of projects and high work volume: must work well under pressure, prioritize, show flexibility, and solve problems creatively;
- Demonstrated aptitude for analyzing and interpreting data and systems, and proven ability to identify areas for continuous process improvements and to increase efficiency;
- Preferred: Experience with and understanding of fundraising or accounting software, and specific experience with Salesforce-based fundraising applications (NGO Connect or Non-Profit Success Pack); facility with relational database reporting, Excel VBA/macros, and SQL programming are a plus.
Language Skills: English (fluent)
Standard office work environment.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.#LI_GR1