Program Development Officer, Cambodia
Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
A day in the life of a Program Development Officer in Cambodia
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is at the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and prayer and from there we go into our work empowered to make a difference in the world. Our teams are full of passionate people who want to work with excellence and serve to make an eternal impact.
- The Program Development Officer (PDO), located in Cambodia, will focus on supporting and coordinating the office of Samaritan’s Purse Cambodia as it relates to the pursuit, development and reporting of programs and grant proposals in Cambodia. The PDO will be involved with all parts of program and grant proposals, and will provide technical assistance to each of the Samaritan’s Purse Cambodia projects.
- Work with the Country Director, Deputy Country Director, Program Managers and their staff to develop realistic programming and budgets for the Samaritan’s Purse Cambodia projects and sub-bases.
- Take part in the Country Senior Leadership team in Phnom Penh, representing programs department and strategic development of the Country office, comprised of Country Director, Deputy Country Director, Finance, Operations, and HR Managers.
- Country Plan and Strategy - assist and coordinate with the Country Director, and program teams in the development and creation of a country plan and strategy (including Theory of Change). This includes taking ownership of the proposal writing process and coordination, program reporting, and leading the Program Support Team
- Build and cultivate relationships on behalf of the Country with bilateral donors, International NGOs, Affiliate offices, and other agencies within Cambodia, as well as across Asia.
- Represent Samaritan’s Purse Cambodia in relevant NGO meetings. In conjunction with Finance, update the Program Managers and Technical Advisors regarding grant related rules and regulations of the field office and ensure awareness of all relevant meetings, progress and ideas being formulated.
- Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience in program management and minimum of three years of cross-cultural experience required, preferably field experience in the implementation of relief and development programming.
- Grant management experience preferred.
- Technical writing skills including developing proposals, training/instruction manuals, and reports
- Working knowledge of the grant submission processes of institutional donors such as but not limited to the UN, ILO, the Embassy of Japan, and USAID, etc.
- Working knowledge of multi-stakeholder processes such as working in consortia, networking with social enterprises or topics around corporate-social responsibility, representing the organization as it supplements the work of another agency or larger organization.
- Master’s Degree in International Development or related field preferred.
Job Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Type (Full-Time/Part-Time/Associate): Full-Time
- Restrictions (Accompanied/Non-Accompanied): Non-Accompanied
- Language Requirement: English Fluency (written and verbal) required
- Travel Expectations: Regular in-country travel
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan (after 1 year)
- 10 paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- 12 vacation days per year
- Annual home leave
Samaritans Purse Mission Statement:
- Samaritans Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritans Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing Gods love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
To apply for this job, please go to: http://post.talemetry.com/respond.cfm?posting=1000546168&bid=11658