ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (SC 4)
Parent Sector : Field Office
Duty Station: Jakarta
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Non Staff
Level : Level 2
Duration of contract : From 1 to 6 months
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 25-Sep-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Only Indonesian nationals or persons with the right to work in Indonesia may apply to this position.OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Director UNESCO Jakarta Office and the direct supervision of the Administrative & Finance Officer (AO), the Administrative shall undertake the following tasks and responsibilities:Long Description
1. FACILITIES/EQUIPMENT MANAGEMENT:
- Support ADMIN in monitoring implementation of cleaning services, ensuring high standards of cleanliness/hygiene are maintained on premises; Grounds kept neat/manicured; common areas & washrooms sanitized frequently per COVID protocols, supplies refilled regularly, etc.
- Propose upgrades/purchases necessary to support safety at the workplace and/or operational efficiency (including Go-green initiatives). Research/Identify COVID prevention purchases/upgrades necessary.
- Support technical assessments of office premises, fixtures, furniture, and other property to determine repairs/renovation requirements, and/or replacement.
- Research/collate expert information on repair requirements and/or parts/materials necessary for maintenance/renovation projects related to Building/Equipment. Plan and co-ordinate office installations, renovations, and repairs.
- Undertake daily, weekly, and monthly checks for critical UN equipment e.g. Generators, A/C system, etc. Propose action plans to ensure preventive maintenance is done in a timely manner. Ensure maintenance frequency is in compliance with manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Establish and implement daily, monthly, and annual maintenance service plans for office premises, fixtures, equipment, and other installations to preserve Asset life, minimize probability of failure, avoid costly repairs and unplanned downtime.
- Oversee works implementations by external contractors working on site. Advise ADMIN of any implementation issues/non-performance, defects in installations, and/or damage to UNESCO premises/fixtures by the Contractor. Follow up with Contractors for remedial action necessary.
- Ensure Contractors clean up and dispose of their rubble upon completion of works and prior to submission of the final invoices for settlement. Provide supporting attestation to ADMIN.
2. OFFICE SUPPORT:
- Support requisition requests/solicitation of Low Value purchases within scope of this TOR (e.g. stationery, toiletries, toner, ink, etc.). Support development of basic TORs/SOW and evaluation of RFQs. Assist in scheduling of works upon contract Award.
- Liaise with AO to prepare Office seating space for new hires. Support Meeting/Conference bookings management.
- Support archiving of Office records (electronic and hard copies) to ensure centralization of records. Establish/maintain an effective filing system to support fast/easy retrieval. Safeguard physical records to preserve confidentiality. Monitor retention period per UNESCO rules and propose disposal upon expiry.
- Assist in preparation of routine correspondence in accordance with UNESCO format/standards.
- Respond to inquiries and follow up on routine outstanding matters. Liaise with other UNESCO units to obtain additional information/ clarifications where necessary.
- Strive to minimize Office utility costs by leveraging “GO GREEN” principles to “reduce, recycle, and reuse” to the extent possible. Track and support reporting of Office Co2 emissions; Participate in related surveys and Joint UN initiatives at country level.
3. INVENTORY MANAGEMENT:
- Accepts deliveries on premises, records and distributes them to purchasing unit and/or ensures items are stored safely to safeguard against loss, theft and/or damage.
- Supports ADMIN in barcoding of newly purchased assets; Assists in the annual inventory exercise.
- Maintains accurate electronic Inventory tracking records ensuring synchrony between physical count and electronic records. Reports any discrepancies between physical counts and electronic records to AO office. Ensures re-order levels are triggered before outages occur.
- Ensures UNESCO Assets are logged in/out of the inventory records when received/checked out of the premises in accordance with UNESCO property management rules.
- Identifies obsolete and/or aging assets; Submits proposals for replacement and/or disposal; Supports ADMIN in preparation of Asset Issuance, Asset Return and Asset disposal forms.
4. BASIC IT SUPPORT:
- Provide IT troubleshooting support during peak hours and backstop ICT Asst. during absence. Cross train with backup buddies on critical items to ensure business continuity during absences.
- Provide Event support for UNESCO meetings, trainings, and workshops (e.g., printing of workshop materials, event room set up, train staff on use of Conference Equipment/visual aids, etc.)
- Any other duties as shall be assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, IT, or related field;
- Minimum 04 years work experience in Administration, IT, Facility Management or related field.
- Experience with basic IT trouble shooting.
- Ability to operate standard basic office equipment – fax, scanner, photocopier, etc.
- Ability to draft/develop basic correspondence/documents.
- Ability to manage sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills; tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak English clearly & concisely.
- Good knowledge of basic computer packages (i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Good organizational skills, great attention to detail; Ability to multi-tasking and prioritize tasks without micro-management.
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, IT, or related field;
- UN Work experience and/or knowledge of UN rules/procedures.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; Knowledge of French is an added advantage.
Annual Salary: IDR 157,131,853 p.a. (Inclusive of Social Benefits)
Other benefits include 30 days’ annual leave.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.