Project Assistant, Media Development Unit (G5)
The OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe promotes the implementation of OSCE principles and commitments, as well as the co-operation of the Republic of Tajikistan within the OSCE framework in all three dimensions. It is involved in a wide range of activities, ranging from counter-terrorism and border management projects to supporting cross-border markets and free economic zones, human rights, media development, and legal reform initiatives.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Media Officer, the successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties:
- Conducting regular project administration activities on the projects assigned to him/her by the Media Officer and managing the administrative workflow of the project cycle;
- Monitoring and documenting the project implementation and coordinating the monitoring of projects with the the Project Support Unit; Contributing to evaluation reports and assisting in drafting regular reports on project activities, monitoring and evaluation;
- Assisting in the development process of project proposals: organizing and participating in meetings with stakeholders and partners, organizing and participating in field visits, organizing and participates in focus group discussions with possible beneficiaries, contributes to the drafting of project proposals and project budgets, organizes the feedback of partners;
- Managing the travel related administrative process for duty trips for OSCE Media Unit staff as well as Non OSCE participants of capacity building trips abroad;
- Arranging meetings, round tables and supporting the organization of conferences; writing minutes and serving as a secretary to the Media Working Group;
- Serving as a focal point for gathering and sending out information to partners of the Media Unit in civil society, government, international community and stakeholders in media on issues of media development and maintains a list of contact addresses and email lists;
- Maintaining and organizing the records and filing of the Media Unit’s documents (hard and electronic copies) and the newspaper and publication archive;
- Drafting and updating public information materials on the Media Programme including flyers, OSCE website section;
- Translating documents in English/Russian/Tajik;
- Performing other duties as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe, please see: http://www.osce.org/programme-office-in-dushanbe
- Secondary Education supplemented by studies preferably in Business or Public Administration, International Relations, Communication, Journalism or related field;
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in project management, reporting and/or office management;
- Computer literate with practical experience with Windows and Microsoft Office applications;
- Excellent communication verbal and oral skills in Tajik, Russian and English;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions, is 751.50 EUR. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.