Senior Protection Project Manager (National position)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
IRC Thailand has launched new project Preparedness for protection in Southeast Asia in July 2021, which partially implement in Pattani, Yala and Narathiwat Province. The project aims to strengthen the protection response capacities of local disaster preparedness ecosystems and enhance protection risk reductions activities, including violence prevention at community level. In partnership with Thailand Association of Social Worker, this project focus to support capacity and coordination among local authority and community to prepare and response to protection needs of community and marginalize people in deep south province of Thailand.
The Senior Protection Project Manager base in IRC’s Pattani Office, under supervision of Protection and Livelihood Coordinator. The Senior Protection Project Manager will responsible to supervise all staff of the IRC Protection Team based in Pattani. The Senior Protection Project Manager will take lead in oversight implementation of protection response, preparedness, and business development to ensure protection are on track and aligned with donor regulation and compliance and the IRC’s strategy.
- Serve as lead to oversight implementation of protection program in Pattani, Yala and Naratiwat Province.
- Provide supervision and daily technical supervision to protection project team.
- Responsible to ensure that project workplan is on track and align with context and need of community and target population of the project, including timely inform to supervisor for adjustment or any action may need to take to address needs of affected population.
- Work closely with M&E Manager to set up M&E system for the project and ensure that all relevant staff of Protection Team receive training and clearly understand role and responsibility on M&E.
- Provide support to M&E Officer to ensure data collection and data entry related to M&E on track according to M&E plan and met minimum requirement of data quality.
- Responsible to develop monthly situation report to inform progress of the response and evidence to indicate appropriate level of response.
- Responsible to develop and manage Protection Information Management to ensure information of all components of the response have been collected and use for achieving better protection outcome, including but not limited to using data/information for monitoring and evaluation, technical program review and advocacy
- Responsible to develop spending plan and ensure project spending of Protection Project is on track and aligned with IRC and donor compliance.
- Responsible to develop program report related to Protection Project in deep south of Thailand and ensure program report submitted according to timeline and met minimum report quality requirement.
- In coordination with IRC’s operation department to ensure Protection team receive support for program implementation.
- In coordination with Protection and Livelihood Coordinator and Deputy Director for Operation to set up office base in Pattani.
- Serve as a focal person to coordinate with sub-grantee under Protection Project including Thailand Association of Social Work other partner organization identify during project period .
- Provide technical support to implementing partner and coordinate with Partnership Team in monitoring and evaluation related to implementing partner.
- Coordinate with Partnership Team in managing, monitoring and technical support to implementing partner to ensure protection response aligned with response objectives and work plan.
Advocacy and Coordination
- Serve as focal person and representative of IRC, Protection Project based in Pattani for coordination meeting/events related to implementation in Pattani, Yala and Narratiwat.
- Support Protection and Livelihood Coordinator and other sector coordination in developing project advocacy strategy of the project and taking lead in advocacy activity of this project.
- Taking lead in development of high-quality evidence base advocacy product that support project and IRC advocacy strategy objectives. This include but not limited to briefing, report, position papers, talking points, donor communication etc.
- In coordination with M&E team, establish internal evidence base advocacy information and maintain up-to-date analysis of situation in project area, including regular analysis project information.
Position Reports to: Protection and Livelihood Coordinator
Position directly supervises: Senior Social Worker, Advocacy Management Manager and M&E Officer
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Legal Assistance Coordinator, Senior WPE Managers and M&E Coordinator
External: Local authority in Pattani, Yala and Naratiwat including Provincial Department of Social Development and Human Security in, OSCC, Provincial Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation.