Research, Monitoring & Evaluation Data Assistant
This role was posted on August 27, 2021, and is open until September 10, 2021. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis but prioritize those who applied within the deadline.
This position is open to Liberian National Candidates
Position: One (1)
Location: Grand Gedeh
The Data Assistant is an essential part of the National Community Health Assistant Program (NCHAP). The position is responsible for supporting Last Mile Health’s (LMH) Research, Monitoring, and Evaluation Department (RM&E) to collect programmatic data from the NCHAP. This will be done by collecting paper and mobile health data forms, entering these forms into the database, and supporting RM&E Grand Gedeh county activities. The Data Assistant will also spend a significant portion of his/her time building skills and improving their ability to collect and understand the programmatic data.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate with County Health Team to ensure collection of routine programmatic data, including Community Health Service Supervisor (CHSS) and Community Health Assistant (CHA) Monthly Service Reports, mobile health records, Household Registration data, and any other special data forms, follows the Community Based Information System Standard Operating Procedures.
- Identify errors and return forms with errors to those responsible. Conduct follow-up visits in close coordination with the CHT and phone calls to ensure that we receive only the most precise data.
- Move forms into the database by manually entering form data into the data entry portal and by uploading m-Health records into the database.
- Plan professional development priorities, learn new skills and share new and existing knowledge with team members. Plan, conduct, and/or participate in training with M&E staff, enumerators, and government staff members. Specifically, Data Clerks will be expected to reach a typing speed of 40 Adjusted Words per Minute (AWMP)
- Provide general support as directed by the RM&E Officer such as supporting the distribution of forms, managing RM&E inventory, capacity building, phone troubleshooting. Give easy access to data and insight into forms completed to the County Health Team and members of the LMH Programs Team.
What You’ll Bring
- High school graduate or higher
- Certificate or Diploma in the computer-related field from a recognized institution
- Any previous job experience in a related field will be given preference
- Typing and Data Entry experience.
You’ll Impress Us If
- You can read and write well (applicants will receive a practical reading/writing test)
- You are familiar with computers
- You are familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- You can type well
- You can enter data from a completed survey form into a database accurately and quickly
- You have the availability to work on a full-time basis
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to the identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: LBR 1
For Liberia, the range is $4,909 to $ 6,000, depending upon experience doing equivalent roles.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.