Lead Advisor – System Strengthening
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Lead Adviser – System Strengthening to join our Strategic Growth team as our technical expert in this priority proposition area.
Education Development Trust’s work in System Strengthening involves advice, support and/or interventions intended to improve the effectiveness of bodies such as ministries or inspectorates (and their decentralised branches/implementation agencies at regional and local levels) which have oversight of education systems. It focuses on improving teaching and learning quality across the entire school system (at scale).
The key job objectives include: - Act as the senior technical expert for the delivery of consultancy assignments or large-scale programmes relevant to System Strengthening.
- Lead and manage teams for the delivery of consultancy assignments.
- Develop core methods, drawing out key insights and learnings from the roleholder’s at scale programme delivery work and drawing on wider international evidence including our public research.
- Lead or contribute to R&D projects and support R&D impact reporting where required.
- Support the embedding of core methods for System Strengthening, reporting to the Head of Consultancy Delivery, including methods statements and related assets.
- Ensure new opportunities in System Strengthening are won using our core methods, where necessary quality assuring technical aspects of both consultancy and larger bids.
- Represent the organisation as a genuine thought-leader in System Strengthening.
- Support the development of strong client relationships as a basis for growth, building direct relationships and support key stakeholders, including Regional Directors, to strengthen relationships with key clients.
- Support the development and implementation of the Trust’s business development strategy, supporting market analysis and strategy development, advising R&D and Research teams on trends and directions in international education relevant to System Strengthening.
The successful post-holder will have: - demonstrable professional expertise related to education reform at scale and System Strengthening, with associated understanding of education policy and strategic planning, capacity development and reform processes internationally.
- knowledge of the disciplines relevant to the operation of a consultancy business – business development, marketing, financial management, project management.
- proven experience as a delivery expert in System Strengthening.
- significant experience of managing a portfolio of projects or a complex programme in the proposition area, with the ability to manage a changing portfolio in line with client needs.
- experience of successful business and strategy development, including at least two of: market analysis, strategy development, product development, thought leadership and client positioning, client relationship management, proposal development, partnership development.
- proven senior people management and leadership experience.
- excellent representational, negotiation, influence and interpersonal skills.
- have the ability to think strategically, investigating and delivering fit-for-purpose solutions.
- strong stakeholder management skills, including the ability to influence at senior management level and to work collaboratively across organisational departments.
Please refer to the link below.