Program Manager I- Mass Campaigns Malaria, RoC
Brazzaville (Congo Republic)
Title: Program Manager I- Mass Campaigns Malaria, RoC
Job Title: Program Manager I- Mass Campaign Malaria
Job Type: Regular
Job Location: Brazzaville, Republic of Congo (RoC)
Reports To: Global Fund Project Director, RoC
Catholic R elief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) began its programming in the Republic of Congo in 2017 at the invitation of the country’s Catholic Conference of Bishops and with a specific intent to provide emergency assistance during the last years of a long civil war. In 2018, CRS ope ned an office in Brazzaville to support work with the Global Fund and OFDA. In 2020, CRS is working with malaria prevention as the Primary Recipient of the Republic of Congo’s Malaria grant and in emergency response and recovery with funded projects under OFDA and WFP. CRS continues to imp lement the Global Fund Malaria programme and is engaging to support the PNLP to organize in April 2022 the LLIN mass campaign activities throughout the country. CRS RoC will look to strengthen its strategic on LLIN mass campaign and also broaden its collaborations with other public, UN, civil society and private organizations. CRS seeks to do this while carrying out quality programming with strong LLIN mass campaign support
You will manage programming in the Country Program (CP) for in the area of LLIN mass campaign activities in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practic es to Country Program (CP) teams to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your advice, knowledge, and support will contribute to determining how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS’ LLIN mass campaign activities programming is across the globe.
You will lead the implementation of Global Fund Malaria Program LLIN mass campaign activities and support the day-to-day management of all related- activities. You will also support the MEAL team in the deployment of the ICT4D and technology in the implementation of the mass campaigns while actively contributing to the overall growth and strategic development of the system
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Manage and implement all activities throughout relevant project cycles - project design, start-up, implementation and close-out - to ensure efficient and effective implementation of the LLINs mass campaign, in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices. Ensure project team and partner staff use the appropriate systems and tools.
- Collaborate with the CRS RoC SCM team to strengthen the pipeline and supply chain management plan for the mass campaign. Manage the de termination of procurement and logistics service requirements, desired specifications, and delivery schedules.
- Ensure accountability and transparency of all the mass campaign supply chain operations in compliance with CRS and Global Fund regulations, including the systems and procedures for inventory and commodity transportation, warehousing, and distribution.
- Collaborate with the NMCP and partners, to implement the Mass Campaign inventory control and the management of comprehensive goods tracking and record keeping systems throughout the national supply chain cycle, from time of request until time of distribution.
- Ensure implementation of activities in compliance with all the Country, CRS and Global Fund administrative and operational procedures and policies, as well as applicable donor regulations
- Champion learning with project staff and partner teams. Analyze and evaluate project performance data following MEAL policy. Proactively identify iss ues and concerns and use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
- Act as a key resource person in project design and proposal development in respective programming area, gap-filling and taking on growth responsibilities, as needed.
- Coordinate the identification of staff capacity and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
- Help identify, assess and strengthen partnerships relevant to LLINs mass campaign, applying appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field, such as Supply Chain Management, Public health, or other relevant degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years relevant work experience with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO, with minimum of two years relevant field-based experience in LLIN mass campaigns
- Knowledge of technical principles and concepts in LLIN Mass campaign. General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
- Experience in project design and proposal development. Experience in writing content for proposals.
Required Languages – French, English
Travel - Must be willing and able to travel up to 75 %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings
- Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
- Good technical writing skills
- Presentation, facilitation, train ing, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Project management experience in LLINs mass campaign is highly desirable.
- Experience contributing to the development of technical proposals.
- MEAL skills and experience preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Global Fund Malaria Program Team, Head of Programs, Head of Operations, Country Representative, Head of Operations, Finance, Supply Chain team, Administration Staff, Regional and Senior Technical Advisors, Deputy Regional Directors for PQ and MQ
External: Global Fund Congo Country Team, SRs, Ministry of Health (MOH), National Malaria Control Program (PNLP), Technical and Financial Partners, supported health facilities, Local Fund Agent (LFA)
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist th e poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.