Finance Manager - Myanmar Yangon
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Finance Manager is to be responsible that the financial set up is according to NRCs standard and to support programme/project implementation.
The following is a brief description of the role.
1. Ensure that country set up adhere to Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor and auditor requirements
2. Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines and procedures
3. Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows
4. Management of financial team
5. Training of line managers and staff with financial responsibilities
6. Provide regular analysis and reports
7. Implement anti-corruption policy
8. Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
9. Provide up-to-date analysis and required reports of the financial situation in the projects and the programme to the Country Director, Programme Director, Area Managers, Programme Managers, Project Coordinators and the head office (HO) in Oslo.
10. Ensure all balance accounts are reconciled on agreed dates with NRC HO in Oslo including inter office balance accounts
1) Maintain a particular responsibility towards transparency and accountability within finance.
2) Identify the capacity building needs for all the finance staff in Myanmar and ensure those relevant trainings are conducted.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior Financial Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Myanmar would be an added advantage
- Experience with start-up, exit or similar
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
Reports to: Head of Support
Duty Station: Yangon
Salary and Benefits: As per the NRC grading Scale - Grade 9
Duration: 2 years renewable based on performance and Funding
This role is open to National and International Candidates