Women Political Leaders (WPL) is the global network of women politicians. Its mission is to increase the number and influence of women in political office. WPL is an independent, post-partisan, not-for-profit foundation based in Iceland, the world champion of gender equality. The WPL secretariat is very international and works with women politicians and decision-makers around the world.
WPL is committed to achieving in its secretariat workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
WPL does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
Talent Acquisition Manager
WPL is seeking a full-cycle Talent Acquisition Manager for an engagement of 6-12 months (potentially extended), to oversee our entire hiring process with responsibilities that include creating quarterly and annual hiring plans, reviewing recruitment-related documents like job descriptions and interview questions and tracking hiring metrics.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous and successful experience in Talent Acquisition, possess knowledge of sourcing tools and techniques. Ultimately, you will ensure we hire top caliber talent who advance the mission of WPL.
Working in line with the organisation’s direction, standards and to the best of their ability, the jobholder tasks include but are not limited to:
- Execute the strategic recruitment plan
- Design and customize hiring stages based on each position’s requirements
- Craft job descriptions and interview question kits
- Organize candidate data and all communication in one platform
- Analyse recruitment metrics, like time-to-hire and source of hire
- Set hiring goals including timeframes and deliverables
- Organize relevant HR events
- Source candidates online and offline
- Ensure communication with candidates is prompt and professional at all stages
- Review HR practices and make sure they are applied through the entire recruiting process
- Establish assessment methods to test candidates on job-related skills (e.g. writing sample, strategic plan assignments, etc.)
- Collaborate with hiring managers and provide training as needed
- Form strong relationships with past applicants and passive candidates for future opportunities
- Proven recruiting experience as an In-house Recruiter
- Experience screening and evaluating candidates through various methods (phone interviewing, writing assessments etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and resume databases
- Familiarity with social media recruiting
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Be results-driven
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor or Master in Human Resource or Social Sciences.
- At least three years of related experience
- Excellent knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
Successful candidates are not WPL employees, they have an independent status.
Candidates should include a CV and letter of motivation (each no more than one page of A4). Please indicate your earliest availability to start.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.