San Diego (United States of America)
The Employment Specialist is responsible for managing the provision of services to assist newly arrived refugee clients to attain self-sufficiency through employment. Specifically, the Employment Specialist ensures services that include employment preparation, placement, career enhancement services and follow-up services.
- Provide intake, assessment, and pre-employment/job readiness orientation to clients eligible for employment services;
- Provide both group and one-on-one intense job readiness orientations that provide clients with the basic skills required to enhance their employability;
- Determine specific employment opportunities appropriate to clients and assist clients in accessing these opportunities by guiding them through the hiring process;
- Monitor job performance, wage level, and employer/employee satisfaction;
- Assist clients and employers as necessary with post-placement issues and continuing employment needs;
- Ensure timely and accurate compliance to all reporting requirements and entry into ETO database
- Participate in weekly employment meetings, staff development activities, and fully engage as a member of the team;
- Follow all policies, procedures and protocols of the agency;
- Other duties as assigned.