Strategic Projects Analyst/Manager
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
We are looking for an exceptional project analyst/manager to lead a portfolio of high priority projects. You will solve complex operational and strategic problems and get exposure to and get involved in high-level country strategy with cross-department visibility, often working directly with senior leadership.
You will take on full ownership of interventions, from project ideation, planning to execution - including fieldwork - and follow-up.
- Lead high-priority country initiatives - You will work with relevant teams and departments to design strategic projects supporting the growth of the Rwanda program.
- Research and development - You may be asked to conduct qualitative or quantitative research to help strengthen our understanding of a problem, assess opportunities, and to build relevant interventions.
Portfolio specific responsibilities
Entrepreneurship Portfolio - You will lead a portfolio of projects supporting entrepreneurship in Rwanda, from micro-entrepreneurship to new business development. For this portfolio, we are looking for someone with:
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience growing revenue for small to medium size companies
- Experience working in a startup environment
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 2-3+ years experience in strategic or consulting contexts or program management/design experience
- We are looking for someone who is comfortable going to the field, take full ownership of projects, and really drive projects forward independently.
- We are looking for someone who can quickly identify what matters and communicate that clearly and concisely
- Logical thinker and comfort with analysis - We are looking for someone who is a structured thinker and can use quantitative analysis to create insights and inform recommendations
- Understand complex concepts quickly and learn fast! - We are looking for someone who can step into any situation and start adding value very quickly.
- You have a strong experience working in East Africa and understand how business works here.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Language: English (Kinyarwanda or French is also very useful)
- 5+ years of experience, with 3+ years of experience leading complex projects with significant experience managing internal and external stakeholders
- Management experience
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Rwanda, Kigali (25% travel to Rubengera)
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
25 November 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Once a month, you'll receive a roundup of our latest news and job opportunities.
Help us personalize your experience by telling us a little about yourself.