Information Management Manager (National position)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
The IRC’s Protection,
Women Protection and Empowerment and Livelihood program work collaboratively to
protect and promote the rights of displaced persons along Thai-Myanmar border, and
ensures that people are safe in their homes and communities; that they receive
appropriate support after experiencing harm, and aims to enable displaced
people to exercise free and informed decisions on where and how to live,
including enhance employability skill to increase capacity to plan for their
future. The program also promotes multi-sectoral approaches to ensure refugees
receive comprehensive support on legal, medical, and psychosocial care. To
integrate gender equality, diversity and inclusion into all facets of program
implementation. The program commits to enhance effectively using data for
decision making across program cycle management and advocacy for protection of
displaced people in Thailand.
The Information Management Manager will play a key role to ensure implementation of information management system is functioning and in line with Protection Information Management Principle. The Information Management Manager will take lead and support team in designing and implementing information process by working closely with M&E Manager for Protection, WPE and Livelihood program and M&E Coordinator to ensure functioning of information management system and better use of information for program and advocacy.
The Information Management Manager will be under the direct supervision of the Protection and Livelihoods Coordinator. The position is based in Maesot, Tak province with regular travel to Mae Hong Son, Bangkok, Ratchaburi and Kanchanaburi provinces.
Information Management Manager (IM Manager) will be based at IRC’s office in Maesot, under supervision of Protection and Livelihood Coordination. The IM Manager will work closely with M&E Manager and M&E Coordinator for information management exercise for Protection, Women Protection and Empowerment program. The IM Manager will take lead in implementation of Protection Monitoring for camp base project including context analysis and other information management exercise to support program strategy and program’s advocacy objectives.
- Served as technical lead for information management exercise Protection, WPE and Livelihood program for camp-based program and information exercise that contribute to the IRC Thailand Strategic Action Plan
- Leading the process to determine information management exercise needed and develop information management plan for Protection, WPE and Livelihood program, including design information management system for each information management exercises including Protection Monitoring, Context Analysis and Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion analysis and future information exercise define by program strategy.
- Serve as focal person to ensure quality of implementation of information management system including reliable and correctness of data collection, ensure functioning system to store and maintain data and information, facilitate analysis process, and set up mechanism to disseminate and share information internally and externally.
- Working Closely with M&E Manager and M&E Coordinator in program assessment exercise and information management exercise for program advocacy such as develop advocacy paper, organize information analysis exercise.
- Serve as focal person to ensure data protection protocol of program in place, collaborate with team members to practically apply data protection protocol to all information management exercise of the program.
- Facilitate capacity building to team member and partner organization in relation to knowledge and skill related to information management.
- Support M&E Manager to ensure functioning Client Responsive Program Systems.
- Responsible to develop spending plan and ensure project spending for information management exercise is on track and aligned with IRC and donor compliance.
- In cooperation with IRC operation department to ensure supply for information management are available and functioning.
Advocacy and Coordination
- Responsible to develop advocacy material for camp base programing advocacy including but not limited to advocacy paper and other document to support technical coordinators and the IRC senior management to use for advocacy initiative for displaced people protection.
- Represent IRC for external coordination related to information management exercise.
Position Reports to: Protection and Livelihood Coordinator
Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: M&E Coordinator, M&E Manager, Technical Coordinators and Managers; field-based technical teams; operations staff
External: Protection Working Group