ICT Analyst - Training Coordinator
Background Information - Job-specific
Background Information – Kenya Multi Country Office (KEMC)
Located in Nairobi, Kenya, the Kenya Multi Country Office manages a growing portfolio of engagements, including associated strategic and operational risks. The KEMC sub-region currently consists of an established Operation Centre in Nairobi/Kenya which manages a portfolio of engagements in multiple countries in East and South Africa. This includes primarily transactional projects in partnership with the Nairobi based UN Agencies, UN-Habitat and UNEP, and multiple ‘operational’ projects in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and several island states.
The Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) of the US Department of State is actively engaged in Kenya’s efforts to professionalize its national police service. INL supports three Kenyan entities (henceforth, the Entities) whose mandate is to bolster police accountability, through operational and technical assistance to the Internal Affairs Unit (IAU) of the National Police Service, the Independent Policing Oversight Authority (IPOA), and the National Police Service Commission (NPSC). The latter two bodies are civilian-staffed and provide external oversight of the police.
INL, in collaboration with UNOPS, IPOA, and an external vendor, has identified requirements for enhancements to the existing Case Management System (CMS) and implementation of a new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system that will require engineering and technical services in support of networks, communication systems, applications and information systems that are currently operational, under development, requiring upgrades or theoretical.
Under the overall supervision of the UNOPS Project Manager, the ICT Specialist - Training Coordinator will administratively work under UNOPS and operationally work with the external vendor and will be responsible for the following duties:
Documentation and knowledge base
Taking ownership of the full life cycle of the training organization and handover process
1. Training Coordination
Provide and manage training program workflow, procedures, and documentation, including resource requirements (e.g. equipment, trainers, etc.), risk assessments, and mitigation measures.
Coordinate the delivery of advanced courses, both internal or liaising with external vendors to organize and facilitate training.
Conduct post-training assessments to identify training program improvements and adjust courses, methodologies as indicated, conduct pre-and post-training knowledge assessments to measure the effectiveness of training programs, and knowledge growth of trainees and implement a dashboard with training data collected.
- Conduct Training of Trainers courses to maximize the transfer of skills.
- Organize, schedule, and oversee training, workshops, briefings, and refresher courses as required for IPOA personnel, and develop courses aimed at increasing participation
3. Documentation and Knowledge base
Establish Training SOPs including a communication and coordination plan, detailing procedures, guidelines, roles, and responsibilities for all stakeholders.
Preparation of monthly progress report for submission.
Creation of a knowledge base repository according to the developing outputs
Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above
Impact of Results
The result of the work of the ICT Specialist - Training Coordinator impacts directly on the delivery of services that satisfy the requirements of INL as well as the performance of the services implemented there. It will also ensure proper processes and methodologies are followed and implemented according to the latest industry standards. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring activities for all stakeholders are in line with the overall business targets and UN policies, rules, and regulations.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/ Technology, Training, or related field is required.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree), preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems/ Technology, Training, or related field is desired but not required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in training programs/ delivery of training in the field of Information Technology is required;
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in coordination is required;
- Excellent drafting and presentation skills is desired;
- Experience in organizing training at the corporate level involving external ICT vendors/partners is desired;
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Dynamics is desired;
- Exceptional writing and communication skills;
- Experience in interacting and communicating with client customers at diverse levels is desired;
- Experience in the use of Google Suite applications systems is desirable.
For this job opening, fluency in English (write, read, speak) is required;
Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- This is a local post. As such, it is only open to Kenyan Nationals.
- This position is based in a family duty station.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Contract type, level and duration
[Instructions: Please delete this paragraph and insert relevant information below:
- Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement ( LICA)
- Contract level: LICA Specialist 8/ ICS8
- Contract duration: Ongoing ICA – ‘Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.’
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Background Information - Kenya
The UNOPS Kenya office manages more than 60 projects in around 10 countries of eastern and southern Africa. UNOPS in Kenya helps partners achieve their project goals in sectors including: governance, education, health, the environment, grant management and rural development.