Human resources coordinator (M/F) - Yemen
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 35 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
Yemen is currently facing a complex humanitarian crisis as the conflict has exacerbated existing chronic vulnerabilities. Consequently, Yemen is considered as one of the worst humanitarian crisis. The country is affected by many outbreaks such as cholera, diphtheria, dengue fever and malaria. Additionally, the country will likely be very severely affected by the Covid-19 outbreak. Although numbers are still relatively low, it is suspected that cases are widely under reported. Treatment capacities are alarmingly low, and the epidemics could take its toll on the country.
The blockade imposed on the country since 2015 has the effect of suffocating the population, particularly by causing disruptions in the supply of food products; an increase in the price of basic consumer goods, including petrol, which reduces travel options and affects the provision of healthcare services; and finally, the disruption of agricultural and pastoral cycles.
Presently, MdM intervenes in the northern part of Yemen in the governorates of Sanaa, Amanat Alasima and Ibb. MdM strategy is based on 2 key axes:
- To provide primary healthcare services, including OPD, vaccination, nutritional care, sexual and reproductive health through direct support to 11 health facilities
- To provide mental healthcare and psychosocial support (MHPSS) in specific healthcare institutions and via a network of CHVs trained in detection and community awareness-raising
In addition, since 2019, MdM is operating in southern Yemen in 5 health facilities, in Lahj and Abyan governorates. A package of services similar to those existing in the North is provided by the MoH with the support of MdM team. Activities are overseen from Aden.
MdM intends to continue developing its presence in the South in 2021 along two axes:
- Expanding its operational presence in new health facilities in needs of support
- Developing new projects aiming at providing assistance at migrant populations from the Horn of Africa that crosses Yemen on their way to Saudi Arabia.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you have the responsibility to define, adapt, plan and supervise the implementation of the mission’s human resources frameworks, procedures and policies while respecting the local context and legislation as well as MdM policies and values.
You supervise the HR team in Sanaa and you provide technical and operational support on HR issues to the administrative team based in Ibb and Aden.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
Human resources management
- Draft and update organisational charts and job descriptions alongside coordinators
- Participate to the definition of Human Resources needs in terms of writing project proposals and any amendments
- Update and monitor the HR budget
- Participate and ensure the deploy of the new classification and salary grid within the mission as well as the new salary policy for national staff
- Draft, update and check the salary payment settings, ensure the accuracy of data salary calculation, income tax and social security statements
- Ensure the management of staff under incentive
- Establish, update and check the recruitment processes and procedures
- Define, update, disseminate and supervise the implementation of the HR contractual framework for national staff, check compliance with local legislation and MdM policy
- Monitor the HR issues followed by MdM's lawyer
- Manage health insurance services/contracts for national staff and their dependants
- Follow up and update staff leave plans
- Supervise the implementation of the HR contractual framework for expatriates in collaboration with the Liaison department
- Organise regular information meetings with all staff, facilitate the setting-up of staff representatives
- Supervise and/or conduct HR recruitment processes
- Deploy and monitor the evaluation schedule for national staff
- Ensure training plans are established
- Supervise the administrative management of staff (including possible disciplinary procedures)
- In the event of programme closures, participate in planning specific HR activities
- Advise line managers on resolving conflicts between staff members
- Manage internal mobility for national staff alongside other coordinators
- Develop HR guidelines that include all the rules and procedures
- Analyse staff annual appraisals and highlight weaknesses and training needs accordingly
- Be the focal point for income tax and social security audits
- Recruit staff under your responsibility
- Provide regular evaluation to the team under your responsibility
- Organise and conduct HR department meetings
Technical support & capacity building team management
- Explain HR procedures and tools to all staff
- Guide supervisors on how to conduct annual appraisals
- Introduce and inform about the code of conduct, PSEA, child abuse, and anti-fraud and anti-corruption policies
- Train the HR national team on the general HR administration procedures
- Develop and conduct HR management training on specific topics (e.g. recruitment process, HR follow-up table, etc.)
Communication, reporting, capitalisation
- Liaise with international NGO HR coordinators in-country
- Participate in meetings with the logistics and finance departments
- Contribute to the writing of monthly situation reports
- Ensure archiving of files of national staff
- Approve monthly statements and ensure their transfer to HQ
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 6 months
Starting date: As soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2 860 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Diploma in human resources management or similar education
Experience of 4 years minimum in a similar position (HR coordinator / manager / director) with an INGO (with MdM is an asset)
Experience in conflict or difficult contexts is a valuable asset
Experience in negotiation and relationships with authorities in a moving and difficult legal context
Experience in capacity building
Diplomacy, negotiation and networking skills
Ability to work under a minimum of supervision
Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
Ability to manage priorities
Good Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word etc.)
Languages: Arabic and English (written and spoken) mandatory, French is an asset.
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
To apply, click on the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JKCJJHoq?idpartenaire=128